PDM TVT 1990 season

Pat - how you de-painting the frame and the fork? I did my Bianchi HiTech FX-PRO it with steely knife

I peeled the carbon with a steel blade - but they always have to scratch in the fiber direction over the carbon fiber not transverse to the fiber - I did not know chemistry and when sandblasting or blasting with another material (e.g. baking powder or glass beads ...) has the entire epoxy resin between the fiber layers. We tested this before on an old Trek frame…

here the frema after peeling after 1st clear laquer

and here after completet repainting with clear laquer and celeste and black coulouring

Attachments

• IMG_1405_pct.jpg
    IMG_1405_pct.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0547_25pct.jpg
    IMG_0547_25pct.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 555
Re:

Hi Thomas,

Great to see the Bianchi again - beautiful frame.
I started with sanding to take as much of the paint off as possible - it was quite thick.
I then used carbolift on the frame - coat the frame in carbolift and clingfilm and leave for seven hours in a heated area - over 25 degrees, most of the paint just pealed off.
I then used a sponge sanding block sandpaper and razor blade/craft knife to get the stubborn paint off. Finally just a very light sand just to make sure I got all the paint off.

regards,

Pat

Attachments

• carbolift.JPG
    carbolift.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 547
@Pat
thanks for your comments ... you like the Bianchi - here esp. for you the last photo shooting of the Bianchi - now with
better blue stickers on the fork ... I hope it will not too much OFF TOPIC in your thread

pic's made inside refer to terrible wheather conditions in December last year - I hope it's ok

Attachments

• IMG_1089_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1089_25pct.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1090_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1090_25pct.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1091_25.jpg
    IMG_1091_25.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1093_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1093_25pct.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_1094_25pct.jpg
    IMG_1094_25pct.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 529
Re:

No problem Thomas, it looks great. I have been priming, sanding and painting the frame and forks over the last few weeks, one more coat of black paint should finish it, using an airbrush this time to do the fade. I like the control over the spray you get with the airbrush.

Attachments

• concordetvtpaint1.jpeg
    concordetvtpaint1.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 403
Re:

one more photo of the frame, I will narrow the white bands on the fork. Any recommendations for a really good masking tape? I was looking at some masking tape from a plastic model hobby shop, would this give a superior edge to the blue tape I am using, any plastic modellers out there?

Attachments

• concordetvtpaint3.jpeg
    concordetvtpaint3.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 403
Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":d2vkflbk said:
Just the forks before the clearcoat went on

Pat Great work, it's looks a little bit of undefinded without classic PDM Concorde stripes :mrgreen:
Who made this sticker for the fork especially the Concorde sticker at the front of the forks - I am looking
for them too for my project

Which brake you will use for this frame - I saw on pics that Kelly used Campagnolo's beautiful Chorus Monoplaner not the "Record" type
Deltas alternatively he used Cobaltos too

BR Thomas

Re:

Hi Thomas,

Chorus monoplaners first generation, you can see them in the first photos I uploaded.

I pm'ed you on the concorde stickers.

Yes the PDM bands will transform the look of the frame. I have had them made up. Hopefully I can get the paintwork finished this weekend.

Regards,

Pat

Looking really good with the paint.
This is going to be one special build when it's finished.

Jamie

Hi Pat - I wan't not to much criticize your choice of parts but when looking closely to the details of your
bike on 1st page, I think I have seen that you use for both mechs rear and front a "Chorus type" C-Record version :eek:
...and finally the fork is a LOOK LDS Pro of a LDS KG171

Normally I can't see a different between a LDS Pro and an origin TVT fork but is it really the same :?:

But I will see - in the end it will be a extraordinary bike out of your hands and paintshop

BR Thomas

Back