70's Europa but not the one most of you are thinking of

PeachyPM":2s4rk1kp said:
Morning Allen, what brand of lacquer are you using?
Hi Chris, normally I use Canbrush (which this is) but sometimes Paint Factory which does produce a nice finish but you can't trust the colours, the blue comes out green for instance.

Well it's all red now, just waiting for the decals to wing themselves here all the way from Oz.

Attachments

• Europa 14.JPG
    Europa 14.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 883
Right decals arrived all the way from sunny Australia (thanks Greg) so full steam ahead then?

Wrong, my working area has been taken over as storage for the roof for our new conservatory.

Attachments

• Europa 15.JPG
    Europa 15.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 765
  • Europa 16.JPG
    Europa 16.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 765
New conservatory/clean works space?

Strewth, bonza stickers BTW cobba!

PeachyPM":2gugjhbm said:

I did make an early attempt to claim the space but it was severely frowned upon, the lady of the house gesticulated wildly and mouthed some very naughty words at me from inside the house just after this picture was taken.

Attachments

• conserve.jpg
    conserve.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 745
allenh":1t751rlw said:
PeachyPM":1t751rlw said:

I did make an early attempt to claim the space but it was severely frowned upon, the lady of the house gesticulated wildly and mouthed some very naughty words at me from inside the house just after this picture was taken.

Not even some hangers for your frame art?

I managed to find some working space and some time so decals on a a coat of clear coat later here it is.

Now I've got a shed load of cleaning and polishing to do (once I can get at all the bits in the garage) to rebuild it as close to original as possible.

Attachments

• Europa 17.JPG
    Europa 17.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 690
Stuning job again Allen, well done

Thanks for the kind words Chris.

Time for the polishing to start now. Thought I'd start with the wheels as they are particularly grubby (mind you so are the rest of the bits).

I'm going to strip the wheels down to clean them and then re lace them with new spokes, the originals will never clean up and in the long run its actually quicker to strip and re build them to get the rims and hubs clean.

Reckon I might need new skewers as well and I doubt Suzue ones will be easy to find.

Attachments

• Europa 19.JPG
    Europa 19.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 641
Back