A 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse

Re:

Very very nice! Please join the Carlton cycles of Worksop group on Facebook and share those pictures. Fantastic find.

A little update with more to come, wearing it's 3rd chainset and new wheels, lurking in a local beer garden. I have done a few good rides on this one, eroica, a trip from home over rough tracks to take on Middleton top, and another hilly epic around Derbyshire among them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 634
Another little update for its return to worksop. Now wearing GB bar stem and brake combo. Just deciding whether to go back to red tape or lose all the red highlights and tone it down a little.
https://flic.kr/p/2fLibV5

Attachments

• 20190504_203336-611x417.jpg
    20190504_203336-611x417.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 493
Re:

Any of you boys want a free Franco Suisse Frameset.

I have had it for years sitting in the never ending line of bikes to restore, cant see me getting to it any time soon. Some idiot had painted it with a light metallic hammerite. So get in touch and come and collect.

Re:

Hi Stevevw

I'd be very interested in your Carlton frameset. What a generous offer! It'll join the (small) queue in my workshop but I can guarantee it'll get sorted. How big is it? I'm fairly close - 70 or so miles away - and can collect any time to suit you. I am a bit of an idiot too - but not to the extent of messing with a classic frame!

Let me know please. Thanks.

Andy

Generous offer Steve, good man :)

Andy, I like it with the red tape and highlights. It deserves to stand out a bit.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":24hbl4dt said:
Generous offer Steve, good man :)

Andy, I like it with the red tape and highlights. It deserves to stand out a bit.

Jamie
I agree Jamie - but rather sadly the "marital veto" has been invoked! :cry: So I guess it's available again. And yes too - very generous Steve.

Re:

Has been claimed on the FB Carlton page. Should be going to a good home and back on the road where it belongs.

Back