1984 Claud Butler Majestic. #058569

Re:

Super bike and as others have said great credit to you for the restoration, passing on the information to your son, and of course getting out on it. I just bought one of these online and am currently impatiently awaiting delivery - my first bike for many years :LOL:

Re: Re:

Inversneckie":2mi2l23e said:
Super bike and as others have said great credit to you for the restoration, passing on the information to your son, and of course getting out on it. I just bought one of these online and am currently impatiently awaiting delivery - my first bike for many years :LOL:

Cheers, it is a good sturdy bike, a pleasure to ride... when yours arrives please start a build thread.

Oh, and dont forget to post a photo and the frame number on;

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=362572&hilit=holdsworth+frame+numbers

Recently a friend of mine had moved home and found that the garage hadn’t been quite emptied as had been promised.
So, being a good buddy, I helped him have a bit of a sort out (bribed by beer), how glad am I that I did? :D Sitting in a box all covered in old sawdust and cobwebs was a tidy if very filthy Sella Italia Anotomica…. Catalogue correct for my 1984 Majestic! :cool:
So on with the restoration….
This is how I found it;

First job, dry wrap some tissue around the rusty rails;

Then soak this tissue with Evapo-rust and squeeze it tight to remove any air, this is to get the fluid in close contact with the chrome (submerging the whole seat is not a great idea if you want to keep the print)

Wrap the whole thing in food cellophane/cling film and leave it for 24hrs

Hey presto, super shiny. Just needed a wash and a night on the radiator and then tomorrow I’ll apply some car wax/polish on the old chrome

Some 303 Aerospace Protectant restored the top surface vinyl and will help protect it from UV

Attachments

• Dirty Top.jpeg
    Dirty Top.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 763
  • Dirty Bottom.jpeg
    Dirty Bottom.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 763
  • Wrap Tissue.jpeg
    Wrap Tissue.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 763
  • Wet Tissue.jpeg
    Wet Tissue.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 763
  • Evapo-rust.jpeg
    Evapo-rust.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 763
  • Shiny Rails.jpeg
    Shiny Rails.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 763
  • Sella Italia Anotomic.jpeg
    Sella Italia Anotomic.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 763
The clamp came out well;

And I'm very pleased to have swapped out the 'Ladies' Sella Italia Touring, a quick ride around the block has proven the Anatomic to be just as comfortable...

Attachments

• Seat Clamp.jpeg
    Seat Clamp.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 739
  • Sella Italia Anatomic (2).jpeg
    Sella Italia Anatomic (2).jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 739
  • Sella Italia Anatomic (3).jpeg
    Sella Italia Anatomic (3).jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 739
Last play....honest... :roll: (nothing left to do now other than paint it Gold....)

Always liked the Dia-compe "suicide" levers, especially on a touring bike, so I've cobbled together a descent set from December 1982, with the proper black half hoods (constantly cleaning the white ones was becoming a chore....) and whilst I was at it, I thought I'd change to black cable outers....
And.... a excellent condition “square” ever ready rear lamp made from the best parts of three!

Attachments

• 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (2) - Copy.jpeg
    1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (2) - Copy.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 624
  • 1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (1) - Copy.jpeg
    1984 Claud Butler Majestic 058569 (1) - Copy.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 624
  • Dia-Compe. Weinmann combo.jpeg
    Dia-Compe. Weinmann combo.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 624
Re: Re:

Goldie":1gmvgc48 said:
That is so good. I love the Eveready lamps. It makes the eighties look worth going back to.

Yeah I was rather pleased with how they came out, lots of sanding/cutting back with 1200 wet & dry, then good old T-cut! :cool:

Oh and a spot bleach and an old toothbrush to clean out the lettering.

Attachments

• 225BDA93-50DA-470D-920C-001E8FE78EA2.jpeg
    225BDA93-50DA-470D-920C-001E8FE78EA2.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 269
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NNooooo!!
That's like rehoming the dog!
What an inglorious end :(

Needs must and all that but still, hopefully someone will appreciate all the work that went into it and give it years worth of adventures.

Jamie

Back