Lug and frame identification needed please.

Ah, forgot that for a couple of years the block type Carlton Transfers came with a non drilled head tube and a black and white vertical decal...

PeachyPM":2rbw0hf9 said:
I'd dress it as a Black GS, that Lilac's awful! but at least you've got a steer decal wise....

To air on the cautious side most probably just decal as Competition, and I agree with you about the Lilac, so it will definitely be black, looking forward to seeing the finished bike. It will have been an interesting project and as a gardening friend of mine would say. 'I do like a bit of digging'

Midlife":20sh5ikt said:
Ah, forgot that for a couple of years the block type Carlton Transfers came with a non drilled head tube and a black and white vertical decal...

I was only informed of this at the weekend. Thanks for staying with the thread.

There was a website called "Carlton cycles Me" which had the dates that Carlton used the block decals and non drilled head tube. It went down a few tears ago but was a good source of carlton info. Look forward to seeing the finished bike :)

Midlife":g54ttfus said:
There was a website called "Carlton cycles Me" which had the dates that Carlton used the block decals and non drilled head tube. It went down a few tears ago but was a good source of carlton info. Look forward to seeing the finished bike :)

Re:

All the carlton catalogues are online and the Facebook group is 1500 strong with a good knowledge Base.

Re: Re:

AndyMart":1zetj0u3 said:
All the carlton catalogues are online and the Facebook group is 1500 strong with a good knowledge Base.

Thanks for this. I came across the Facebook page while ‘digging.’ I will have another look. :D

Midlife":3nibi42y said:
I have all the content from that site, Jerry Mortimore passed on the Discs to me a while ago. The domain has been 'bought' by someone else...

Latest Update
Frame has been couriered to Hull by my local bike shop for some chrome work to be added to chainstays and seat stays it should be due back in the next few weeks. Then it will be resprayed black with lugs lined in gold before the rebuild starts. All decals have been sourced, these will be added before the final clear lacquer coat is applied. Then my son and I will commence the complete rebuild. Photos will be added to the thread as the project progresses. Thanks to all who’ve contributed so far.

Frame back from being chromed. Now off to frame paint finishers tomorrow to have the strip and respray, decals applied and the lugs gold lined. Progression is slow but sure.

Attachments

• 75096B5E-AA13-41E7-AD51-13B3DA337AB6.jpeg
    75096B5E-AA13-41E7-AD51-13B3DA337AB6.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 519
  • CA94BB9F-D64E-4134-A0DA-72CAFAA33C7B.jpeg
    CA94BB9F-D64E-4134-A0DA-72CAFAA33C7B.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 519
Back