Bling bling Raleigh Record Sprint

All the new gold bling has been transferred onto the RRS.

Stripped off the original tired plasticy bar tape

ONZQohol.jpg

Converted the brake levers to remove the suicide levers - (swapped the pivot pins out for a spare set I had) and added a set of modern Cane Creek Weinmann hoods that I had kicking about.

UoinFBdl.jpg

Q7kmIq1l.jpg

Wrapped with some cheap £2.50 Wilko black bar tape and some black cables (for now - will be replacing with gold outers at a later date).

26WbNNbl.jpg

QURVPQXl.jpg

R3kQpnul.jpg

cool... get it January RbotM

Is this the aero tube one? I'm sure I've had one of those over the years and I've got the one before it in my to do pile, same components, same colour scheme, different decals and normal tubes.

And JPS MkII Capri's, that brings back childhood memories of being in the back of my Dads BMW2002tii racing one back from Canterbury (BMW 1, Capri 0). They were all 2.0 OHC's if I remember right but did look really cool with the special decals, colour coded wheels and they had really special trimmed Ghia seats in them, didn't make up for them being a bit asthmatic with a wayward rear end though.

Re:

Good to see some pics of the bike with all the gold anodised parts on it. They had sat for far to long in my garage.

Re:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr0gNJ090JA[/youtube]

Epic looking bike. And conforms to the unwritten Raleigh rule that says all Record Sprints have to be mahoosive.

I wonder how much it would cost to get the rest of those silvery components anodised gold? :D :D :D

PeachyPM":n0o9lu8x said:
cool... get it January RbotM
Not good enough for that yet surely?

allenh":n0o9lu8x said:
Is this the aero tube one? I'm sure I've had one of those over the years and I've got the one before it in my to do pile, same components, same colour scheme, different decals and normal tubes.
Yep - aerospace contour tubing - which is oval and has a cool space shuttle graphic - uber-80's!

gareth01244":n0o9lu8x said:
Good to see some pics of the bike with all the gold anodised parts on it. They had sat for far to long in my garage.
Thanks for selling them on - managing to get hold of the gold bits has been a catalyst for rebuilding closer to original spec and I'm well happy. Just need some black Weinmann concave rims now......

Goldie":n0o9lu8x said:
Epic looking bike. And conforms to the unwritten Raleigh rule that says all Record Sprints have to be mahoosive.

I wonder how much it would cost to get the rest of those silvery components anodised gold? :D :D :D

The only silver bits now are the stem (which I'm tempted to swap for a gloss black one) and the hubs......for which I have these bad boys!

NFJy3LNl.jpg

Struggling a bit for time to get anything progressed on this recently though which is annoying.....haven't even ridden it yet.

sherlylock":1g3t8e5b said:
Midlife":1g3t8e5b said:
Might be tricky getting rid of the freewheel body?

Already removed.....with the help of Mr Dremel and a slitting disc...... :cool:
I put the freewheel body in the vice and twist, although it's a lot easier on a complete wheel rather than just the hub.

Can I ask an general question- why are the touring brake lever extensions referred to above as suicide lever?
They made great sence when I had a Raleigh Winner and a paper round - you never see them these days so the design must be flawed - but I loved them. My brother had a Competion with Modolo brakes and used to scoff at my weimanns

Nice save by the way -

Back