Father & Son Claud Butler Christmas special

Big Block":rkihtz9q said:
PeachyPM":rkihtz9q said:
:cool: Cheers Graham, glad you enjoyed it...
Although my own personal favourite from last was the ‘original’
Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

I agree. I am too old to work with my son on bike projects, but I get to work on his home renovation tasks. He is also a good learner and very appreciative. PeachyPM keep the projects coming.

Cheers BB

Finally, the sun came out long enough here in the East Riding for Mrs Peachy to be persuaded to come out with me today, first bike ride for her this year!
She thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the admiring comments along the way (think she might finally be getting it..fingers crossed) ;)
Hopefully it wont be too long before we can do it again, maybe even have the whole gang out, so that I can take some family bike photos as today I forgot my phone :facepalm: (perhaps not such a bad thing) so a photo on our return will have to do.. :D

Attachments

• His & Hers Claud Butlers.jpeg
    His & Hers Claud Butlers.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1,012
They look great sitting next to each other and glad you both had a good ride together.
Should be a regular 'date ride' if you like. :)
Leaving the phone was for the best I think. Great photo and I hope she rode it up and down the road in front of Mrs Pashleys place with a smug look ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":cazarj4w said:
I hope she rode it up and down the road in front of Mrs Pashleys place with a smug look ;)

Jamie

:LOL: Ha ha.... they’re still not speaking! :facepalm:

Peachy, when you had the frame refinished on this with the box lining and fresh decals did you have to specify where they are positioned and where the box lining stops/starts etc? I've made a load of measurements from the original paintwork on mine to make sure I get it as per original - just wondered what you did with this frame when you sent it off?

And if you don't mind me asking.......what was the cost? (no worries if you'd rather not divulge such information!) I've got a rough idea off of Bob Jacksons website for the various services for what I think I need done and it totals approx £300 (less delivery charge), just wondered if that was close?

sherlylock":19t42pgm said:
Peachy, when you had the frame refinished on this with the box lining and fresh decals did you have to specify where they are positioned and where the box lining stops/starts etc? I've made a load of measurements from the original paintwork on mine to make sure I get it as per original - just wondered what you did with this frame when you sent it off?

And if you don't mind me asking.......what was the cost? (no worries if you'd rather not divulge such information!) I've got a rough idea off of Bob Jacksons website for the various services for what I think I need done and it totals approx £300 (less delivery charge), just wondered if that was close?

No bother, BJ's are pretty fixed with their pricing, and this bike was just one solid colour with one colour gold lining.
• Enamel £115.00
• Double Box Lining £79.00

I did however get the rear rack, hockey stick chain guard and both mudguards painted at the same time so the bill was a bit more, although I think they gave me a 10% discount as I had another frame being worked on at the same time. Of course if you add panels, lug lining etc it jumps up quite a bit..

As for measurements or positioning, I’m sure Donald would be happy to get a detailed set of measurements, but as for my wife’s bike, I just gave them a blank canvas and asked for traditional but pretty… that’s what I got…

Peachy!":3o6bt6oz said:
sherlylock":3o6bt6oz said:

No bother, BJ's are pretty fixed with their pricing, and this bike was just one solid colour with one colour gold lining.
• Enamel £115.00
• Double Box Lining £79.00

I did however get the rear rack, hockey stick chain guard and both mudguards painted at the same time so the bill was a bit more, although I think they gave me a 10% discount as I had another frame being worked on at the same time. Of course if you add panels, lug lining etc it jumps up quite a bit..

As for measurements or positioning, I’m sure Donald would be happy to get a detailed set of measurements, but as for my wife’s bike, I just gave them a blank canvas and asked for traditional but pretty… that’s what I got…

Good stuff, thanks for that. I've got lug lining, chrome fork crown and the appropriate masking and I've added in a cost for applying the decals too.

See what you mean about the box lining not being quite as fine as original (comparing to what I've unearthed under the old paint on mine at least). It's no real criticism though - I'd be happy with it.........cracking looking bike you guys have built there. Love it. :)

Back