La Perle Project

Put in a 9x26tpi rear axle for now with standard track-nuts.
Slowly coming together.....first time I had a chance to sit on it, the saddle is surprisingly comfortable!
Still need to sort the rear mech out, it has been bent at some point so will need 'realigning' if possible.

IMG-20190119-111442028.jpg

That looks a really nicely built frame so definitely following to see the progression.
Is it the mech itself or the hanger that's slightly out? Either way should be easy enough, can change the mech out for another of the same or re align the hanger. I am sure there are a few people here who can loan you a rear hanger alignment tool.
Keep up the good work as you have something really nice now but with a bit of tlc you will have something really special to ride.

Jamie

Re:

Well, I've got as far as I'm going to go. It rides pretty well actually!
The rear mech is a bit twisted so only 3 of the 4 gears work.
Some hairline cracks in the rims I think so not keen to ride too far on it.
The saddle is quite comfortable
Time to sell on.........other bikes to complete!

That is a very interesting machine. I missed the early posts and only just found the thread so a bit late! I can't remember ever having seen a La Perle in the UK before but I suppose someone must have imported them in the early 50's (eg APC Bowles?). It looks to be to small for me or I could have been interested!

It was found during a French camping trip and bought over...still covered in French cobwebs. Yes, it is rather small......

Back