How Much Have Carbon Bikes Changed? | Retro Vs Modern

Oh yes, thats a cool video. As mentioned on a previous thread, I have a Lemond replica KG86 that I ride in anger and its awesome - so awesome that it forced me to build up the last in line of the Look carbon lugged frames - an ex Cofidis 2010 Look 595, can`t wait to compare the two. But darn it, the Look 795 Blade looks epic - will have to get one next year, break open the piggy bank...

nice looking vintage carbon cycle. I just turned the volume down to all the BS talk. I still don't think road bikes needs disc brakes.

Re:

Interesting - if I were ordering the Look Blade 795 today I`d go for the disc brakes (both disc and rim are available) - I missed a junction by around 40 meters when mt Dogma wouldn`t stop in a rain storm earlier this summer - with disc brakes and carbon wheels its a no brainer for me if buying brand new. Worth noting, the Look 595 that I`m building up at the moment has its original alloy Fulcrim Racing Zero which are also very cool so I guess I`m easily pleased....

Re: Re:

Retro Dan":2bk5riv9 said:
Interesting - if I were ordering the Look Blade 795 today I`d go for the disc brakes (both disc and rim are available)

nice to see that they offer both. unlike the mtb makers. Lucky roadies.

Not for much longer, in the space of ~2 years it's gone from a handful of manufacturers offering 1 or 2 disc bikes (mostly endurance geo) to almost everyone having half their range with discs, across all models and styles.

Never mind disc performance- the main reason for me to buy a disc road bike is that the rims wont wear out!

CTK":k7y8d3fp said:
Never mind disc performance- the main reason for me to buy a disc road bike is that the rims wont wear out!

I take care of that issue by hardly having any time to ride mine ;)

Re:

Does it look the the downtube is coming away from the hug at the headtube? You can see it clearly at 2mins 54secs.

Back