BSA Tour de France

allenh":2icyuzkp said:
I doubt I'll get very far with mine until next year now and although this isn't mine its a picture of one the same colour and spec as mine. Its the right size for me and cost me £25 at a boot fair earlier in the year so was one of those I just can't leave it there purchases

Good result, nice colour too.

I will strip mine down and give it a proper clean over the winter but ultimately the paint is too tired and chipped to save so it will get a respray and re sticker next year.

I've already unlaced the original wheels as the rims were not great and it currently has a set of period Weinmann alloys with small flange hubs to keep the bike in one bit. The original large flange hubs will get cleaned and polished over the winter and laced into some new alloy rims and the pedals, seat post and bars will ultimately get replaced with alloy ones. The rest will stay original but with a good clean and polish.

I wish I had kept mine, I was a bit to hasty there. never mind. Post some pics when it's done.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Carlp":34pz5l6w said:
Nice and shiny. What did you do with it?

It went back on Ebay when it was finished and I'd run it in - I think when I bought it I was the only bidder, and I thought it would probably end up in the tip if I didn't bid. Here it is as it was when I went to pick it up from the field in Lincolnshire where it was quietly living out its retirement:

43951686330_34a513bf9d_c.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Goldie":37vyg824 said:
Carlp":37vyg824 said:
Nice and shiny. What did you do with it?

It went back on Ebay when it was finished and I'd run it in - I think when I bought it I was the only bidder, and I thought it would probably end up in the tip if I didn't bid. Here it is as it was when I went to pick it up from the field in Lincolnshire where it was quietly living out its retirement:

43951686330_34a513bf9d_c.jpg

Another one saved from the tip.

That's a great saved from the brink restoration you've done there for sure. A really nice genuine rider.
I do have a soft spot for BSA and your catalogue scan has just identified one that has been hanging in my loft for a very long time. It's the purple Sirocco I think but will have a much closer look over the weekend. Mine was given to me by a neighbour who has moved on but he got it with a job lot of stuff from a car boot sale and gave it to me as he said it wasn't worth anything to him and knew I would like it. I have often thought of cleaning it right up as it is in a very sorry rusted state but it is way too big for me so just keeps going to the back of the line.
Anyway great job on the restoration, also the fine blog, a really nice read and wishing you many happy miles.

Jamie

Carlp":2d6xx0ni said:
A bijou update on the BSA TdF bloggette

https://bsatourdefrance.wordpress.com/

Nice job Carl..... it would be great to see your next build thread on here... :xmas-big-grin:

As for Orange inspiration...me and the lad might just start on this;

Attachments

• 1977Cavalier.jpeg
    1977Cavalier.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 759
Back