1st Carbon bike - Look KG231 Credit Agricole.

Beautiful build, there.

I had an '03 Trek 5900 for a few months last year. I bought a used frame and built it up. It was super light but absolutely beat you to death on long rides. I ended up selling the frame. I think you're better off with the LOOk you built up than finding a 5500. :)

Jumphigher":2bx4tcgt said:
Beautiful build, there.

I had an '03 Trek 5900 for a few months last year. I bought a used frame and built it up. It was super light but absolutely beat you to death on long rides. I ended up selling the frame. I think you're better off with the LOOk you built up than finding a 5500. :)

Thanks very much.
I'm very happy with it and it great to ride.

dan73uk":nf9gpawb said:
Jumphigher":nf9gpawb said:
Beautiful build, there.

Thanks very much.
I'm very happy with it and it great to ride.

How does the LOOK ride? Fast I'm guessing. :)

Yeah I had wanted a 5900 frame for a while,and when I found one I thought it would likely be lifetime bike for me. But it was absolutely unforgiving even on 20 mile rides. I ride fast daily 20, 40, or 60 milers and the bike quickly became very uncomfortable. I think the 5500 and 5900 were designed specifically for Lance Armstrong, and besides being a MUCH stronger rider than me, he's also built completely different - I'm very light whereas he's stocky. :)

Beautiful bike … one questions allowed? Has it a LOOK LDS Pro fork or has been it of Aluminium. My first carbon bike was a yellow LOOK KG 231 too. I bought it on Nov. 1995 together with a 1 inch threaded LOOK HSC fork and rode it with a Campagnolo 8-speed Veloce group set for more than 10 years

BR Thomas

zerogravitas":1nn494xv said:
Great build, there is something about a smart Look! Good job sourcing all those parts.

It's my sole carbon bike and its lovely to ride and it was very enjoyable trying to get the parts.

Latest posts

Back