1st Carbon bike - Look KG231 Credit Agricole.

Beautiful build, there.

I had an '03 Trek 5900 for a few months last year. I bought a used frame and built it up. It was super light but absolutely beat you to death on long rides. I ended up selling the frame. I think you're better off with the LOOk you built up than finding a 5500. :)

Jumphigher":2bx4tcgt said:
Beautiful build, there.

I had an '03 Trek 5900 for a few months last year. I bought a used frame and built it up. It was super light but absolutely beat you to death on long rides. I ended up selling the frame. I think you're better off with the LOOk you built up than finding a 5500. :)

Thanks very much.
I'm very happy with it and it great to ride.

dan73uk":nf9gpawb said:
Jumphigher":nf9gpawb said:
Beautiful build, there.

Thanks very much.
I'm very happy with it and it great to ride.

How does the LOOK ride? Fast I'm guessing. :)

Yeah I had wanted a 5900 frame for a while,and when I found one I thought it would likely be lifetime bike for me. But it was absolutely unforgiving even on 20 mile rides. I ride fast daily 20, 40, or 60 milers and the bike quickly became very uncomfortable. I think the 5500 and 5900 were designed specifically for Lance Armstrong, and besides being a MUCH stronger rider than me, he's also built completely different - I'm very light whereas he's stocky. :)

Beautiful bike … one questions allowed? Has it a LOOK LDS Pro fork or has been it of Aluminium. My first carbon bike was a yellow LOOK KG 231 too. I bought it on Nov. 1995 together with a 1 inch threaded LOOK HSC fork and rode it with a Campagnolo 8-speed Veloce group set for more than 10 years

BR Thomas

zerogravitas":1nn494xv said:
Great build, there is something about a smart Look! Good job sourcing all those parts.

It's my sole carbon bike and its lovely to ride and it was very enjoyable trying to get the parts.

Back