My Workhorse 1987 Peugeot Premiere

PeachyPM":1b26n0zx said:
allenh":1b26n0zx said:
Lackluster":1b26n0zx said:
While the frame was away I fitted the crown ring on the forks, a block of wood, rubber mallet and forks in vice slowly slowly a bit at a time did the job.
I got fed up with doing that/and or scratching and marking forks a long time ago so bought the correct tool for the job and now re fitting the crown race is one hefty whack on the tool with my favourite hammer and job done.
You guys need a pig freezer.... :cool: ...& a hot ring! :oops:
Ha Ha, burn burn burn ring of fire.

I use the Park version of this. One reassuringly hefty smack from the lumping stuck and job done. And no piggies be them oinking or attached to your feet need be harmed in the process.

Useful info from you chaps.
My freezer is small and just about holds a pork chop (you eat well PeachyPM). Or is it a case of more time for bike work and less time shopping. I could do with that!
As for the hot ring, I would burn the garage down, let alone the kitchen if my wife ever let me in it with the bike. I suppose the camping stove down the bottom of the garden would do the trick. Think I'll save my pocket money for the tool allenh's mentioned, but priority now is saving up for that next project maybe a Holdsworth. Then I will be asking allenh for more advice. Thanks for the comments.

Compare the latest photo taken in the Autumn September sunshine this morning to the first photo on the thread and you will see why I wanted to give some lustre back to my trusty old bike. Just waiting for some gum wall tyres to arrive to complete the refurb. Good suggestion by allenh. Note also that those old black plastic pedals have finally disappeared!

Attachments

• C101701F-BC0E-4749-BBBF-384F545120C2.jpeg
    C101701F-BC0E-4749-BBBF-384F545120C2.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 382
An early morning ride to Antony Gormley’s ‘Another Place’

Attachments

• 1B3E9EE2-9390-4454-9AFD-24788A8E6E1D.jpeg
    1B3E9EE2-9390-4454-9AFD-24788A8E6E1D.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 229

Latest posts

Back