Elswick Hopper Prima Resto

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I spotted this Elswick looking forlorn on facebook marketplace, with what looked like Campag mechs in the pic so went and had a look.

Bit of beer money later and she's mine. Too small for me so this'll be a sympathetic resto with a view to sell on - just wondered if anyone had any info on Elswick bikes. I always assumed Elswicks were quite low end bikes (tubing is 2030 which I understand to be a lower grade steel) but the Campag groupset suggested that it wasn't a bottom end bike (could've been added at a later date I guess).

Found what looks like a frame number stamped just at the top of the seat tube - I'll check that out later to try and date it.

Olympic rings suggests some sort of Olympic connection (maybe released in an Olympic year?) and the only "Prima" Elswick I can find is a Tour Anglais model.....which this isn't.

Anyone knowledgeable about these bikes to help identify what I've got here.....?

Some pics:

QojAjlOl.jpg

FBlX1zOl.jpg

6P0CBRGl.jpg

HelADqYl.jpg

Ve7a4Fvl.jpg

TIbevgpl.jpg

8MLwcYNl.jpg

6RKS4kIl.jpg

wWNSXEml.jpg

I know it’s been a long time but just out of interest did you find out anything more about your Elswick Hopper bike?
I have a frame with the same lugs as yours serial number 23961N which is a 1967 model I believe.

I know it’s been a long time but just out of interest did you find out anything more about your Elswick Hopper bike?
I have a frame with the same lugs as yours serial number 23961N which is a 1967 model I believe.
Nope - couldn't find out anything about it I'm afraid. Long gone now.

Thanks for the reply, it looks similar to mine so it would be made around 1968 I think. Interesting bike, hope it went to a good home.

Back