Cannondale CAAD3 Team Saeco

Re:

Brilliant build, I own one myself, was going to sell it, I use my as a turbo bike. I have identical frame, but have carbon massi forks with 9 speed ultegra, with the odd bit of coda. can never get myself to move it on (sell), big fan of the saeco team + Cipo

here are some more pics if you like - from behind and closer view to the SAECO typical yellow-red cinelli macro-splash
... but this seat post isn't correct but I am still looking for a black Cinelli Vai seat post in 27.2 mm

Someone knows red couloured Vittoria tires to make the SAECO Cannondale CAD3 perfect :D

Attachments

• Saeco_CAD3_1997_rear.jpg
    Saeco_CAD3_1997_rear.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Saeco_CAD3_1997_drivetrain.jpg
    Saeco_CAD3_1997_drivetrain.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,653
  • Saeco_CAD3_1997_front.jpg
    Saeco_CAD3_1997_front.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,653
The additional stickers (San Marco, Coda, Cinelli) must have been a standard thing? I have same decal setup on my CAD3!

Re:

Great looking bike, gridno27!

I have finally managed to get the stem on my bike unstuck. Unfortunately it was not possible whitout cutting it. I have never had this much trouble with a stuck part before. I ended up cutting it, threading the inside of the stem still in the fork and using a bolt to unscrew it.

I've been looking for a cinelli alter stem as a replacement, but shipping and customs makes them well over £100. I've found an Itm-stem that i'll use for now and dura ace front and rear mech to replace the 105 and ultagra that came with the bike. I will be starting the assembly this weekend, really looking forward to get it done!

Cheshire1980":3l6hqfkr said:
The additional stickers (San Marco, Coda, Cinelli) must have been a standard thing? I have same decal setup on my CAD3!

I learned from some Saeco Cannondale CAD3 buyers, that the decals are delivered seperately together with the bike. I collect them from whole the world within www. to rebuild the bike authentic as possible. At least the final missing Shimano and DTswiss decal had been made by a decal maker from www.

I still have some rest of These decals for e.g.

for drivetrain side CODA, Shimano,
for left side DTSwiss, Sigma Sport, Cannondale and slik wipes(or similar) and CODA
for the back of seatstays Cannondale(vertical)

Re:

I have a cannondale saeco and I am going to mount a Dura Ace 7700 bottom bracket. What measure of octalink shaft should I mount?

Bottom bracket Thread is BSA 1.370 x 24 tpi
... I'll never forget it - I had the aluminum cups for the Motorcycle Crankset made by an Italian and he actually managed to make twice Italian size 36x24, until he understood that it was an American frame with BSA 1,370 x 24 , then on the third try he made BSA

Okay, does anyone have any info on the black lightning version of the CAAD 3 Saeco frame model? I haven’t seen it in any vintage Cannondale catalog. I’ve seen one on eBay for sale with a 105 gruppo. I think that’s the original parts spec. I’ve seen older catalogs with the Black Lightning model spec’d with 105. I haven’t seen any pics with Saeco riders like the claimed super Mario Cipollini has ridden it. I purchased the recent eBay listing for the frame only. Any info will be helpful. Thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153976834004

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back