SB8790 SBDU Nottingham 531c 24" Lo Pro Road "As New"

Re:

Nice.

Just wish I'd seen this thread before finding the "pin" holding the chainstay to the shell on my '87 Triathlon frame. Whilst cleaning out the gunk with a finger inside a rag!

As an aside, it rides really well for a gas pipe rear triangle.

Cheers

Re: Re:

Frizzaldo":idlkx5qa said:
amazing....there's nearly an argument to leave this one in the box....value wise (much like an unopened star wars toy) you'd have to think its value would appreciate more not built up. Not that that's why you collect them Neil.

Any idea why it was never ridden?

I've no idea why it doesn't seem to have ever been ridden but from what I know, the owner was a very good competitive cyclist, not at the same kind of level but riding with names such as Neil Stephens and Shane/Gary Sutton in the mid 80s. Maybe he just had too many bikes, I was told he had a few? This isn't the type/style of bike you can take out everyday.

It's just in the box for now. I don't have a problem building it as it has been built before, I just look at the prices of kit at the moment and keeping it in the box is by far the cheaper option. If a cheap but excellent group pops up then that may be the time to build it.

Back