Harry Hall 653

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
I came across this over the last bank holiday weekend. The owner had it since new (early 90's) and it was in pretty decent condition. It was an impulse buy and I don't know what to build it up with!

I have just built a Chesini Olimpiade up with 9 speed Campag Chorus, and I think I may transfer everything over to the Harry Hall as 653 is my favourite tubeset and it's more my size as well.

Anyway, here's a pic. First port of call will be to polish up the forks and remove the minor pitting that's formed.

zlWFkrwl.jpg

Stripped my Chesini down on Friday night, did a lift and shift over to the Harry Hall.

I will probably fit my Open Pro's, but quite liking the black against the green. Need to polish the forks and seatpost, as well as trimming the rear brake cable, but she's looking half decent already!

EbAqkV1l.jpg

That does look really smart, especially liking the minimalist wheels as well as the black setting off the green nicely.
How's it ride? as well as expected?

Jamie

I’d change the bars as those look ugly with much to deeper drop & replace with a nice set of Cinelli 64’s with normal round drop bars & would improve the ergonomics of the bike...

Nob":2okcdj33 said:
I’d change the bars as those look ugly with much to deeper drop & replace with a nice set of Cinelli 64’s with normal round drop bars & would improve the ergonomics of the bike...

Thanks for the comments, I know what you mean - they're a bit ugly! I will take a rummage and see what bars/stems I have and go from there. I have some relatively shallow drop Cinelli's that would be a straight swap so watch this space!

I bought my Quinn in 1966 from Harry Hall's shop behind M/c Cathedral, £25.00 raced it as a schoolboy and junior, had to sell it in 1972 family and so on, I've had a sulk on since then! Looks really nice well done.

Back