Yet another team colours Raleigh

allenh

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
I got this frame as a badly re painted frame that the guy I bought it from thought was a bog standard Raleigh 501 frame but it did have proper 531 stickers on top of the bad paint job.

I didn't think any more about it until I got round to rubbing it down ready for paint I found original team replica Record transfers under the bad paint along with the original team colours and the original stared 531 stickers in the position you see them (in front of the gear levers) like a French one but it didn't have French stickers and the head tube was black not yellow. It also has a 27.2 seat post and the number 73 stamped on the top the seat lug where the top tube meets it which I assume is the frame angle.

The frame number has it as a 1975 Worksop frame. I know it's not a team frame and I know the Records range from average to quite nice and this one seems like a very nice 531 Record frame but I'd love to know what this one actually is. None of the catalogues I can find tell me what it is so if anyone knows and also knows what kit would have been on it please let me know.

I've repainted it back to how it was originally and fitted what I thought correct for it but as I say if anyone can correct me please do.

Attachments

• DSCF3023.JPG
    DSCF3023.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 1,233
Re:

You have been busy with the paint gun! Another great looking bike.

I am no Raleigh expert but I imagine that different colour schemes were available in different markets. The dropouts, fork ends and the tops of the seat stays might help you to pin down the model.

I have a slightly odd not in the catalogue frame from 1982 that I will post up next week.

Yes the weathers been friendly recently and I had a few frames primed up and ready to go. I've got a couple more to post up yet..

I've looked at that many team replica pictures in catalogues and generally on the internet that I'm sick of the sight of them now but I still can't pin this one down.

I think your Record decal is too low on the down tube as it looks odd......

Could be or the levers could be too high, I did take some rough measurements whilst rubbing it down so it shouldn't be far out.

Re:

Is the Bb French threaded? I have a export version, full 531, Campag ends and French bb, it's a nice ride.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,045
Re: Re:

AndyMart":xmuu1nop said:
Is the Bb French threaded? I have a export version, full 531, Campag ends and French bb, it's a nice ride.

Very nice, Frame wise mine looks basically the same except it's all English treads. I might put the rest of the Campag bits on mine as I have no idea what it should have on it.

Back