Raleigh Gran Sport Actually Built see P.23

The History Man":3aauomzy said:
Thanks. Very nice. And very expensive.

Make them a silly offer......that's what I do all the time, you just need to catch the guy at the magic moment when he's not had an offer for a while and his missus wants to go shopping.... :shock:

The History Man":1ppe0mli said:
Serious question: would this look terrible with stem mounted suntour shifters? I don’t want to die and I want to use it.

Short answer - Yes. Long Answer - Still yes and you'd probably get mocked by the bigger boys.

Practice makes perfect with the downtube levers, it's just a case of getting used to them and learning not to look down at them or back at the cogs when shifting.

Someone on ebay was selling those long Huret ones for about a tenner a set a while back but I don't think they'll help much

I grew up with them when that's all we had and even now when I'm riding a bike with brifters I still instinctively go for the downtube levers by mistake every now and then but that's probably because I'm old people.

Re:

I grew up with them too but back then I had a back that could bend in the middle.

Re: Re:

The History Man":3fwx9uwm said:
I grew up with them too but back then I had a back that could bend in the middle.

Ha Ha, fair point, as long as no one can hear you making the old people noises when you bend down to change gear you'll be fine.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back