1954 Claud Butler Jubilee Special #5412 8509

Re: Re:

MatBH5":22dt87fp said:
Missed this until now but signing up for the final stages. Brilliant job!

Cheers MatBH5,
Don't forget to vote! (although there are some absolutely stunning old bikes up for the title of RBotM theme month)

PeachyPM":df1syxf0 said:
MatBH5":df1syxf0 said:

Cheers MatBH5,
Don't forget to vote! (although there are some absolutely stunning old bikes up for the title of RBotM theme month)
just don't put a saddle bag and mudguards on it or a fight will break out. :facepalm:

The History Man":y3pk1sxy said:
PeachyPM":y3pk1sxy said:
MatBH5":y3pk1sxy said:

Cheers MatBH5,
just don't put a saddle bag and mudguards on it or a fight will break out. :facepalm:

Stop! I can’t polish for crying (with laughter) :LOL:

T– minus (RBotM June) 12 days & counting

I thought by now I would only be dealing with wheels & pedals, but unfortunately whilst doing some ‘clean’ jobs in my 'Father's day/Sunday best', I realised all my hard work on the 27.2mm aluminium seat post was not required.. it doesn’t bloody fit!
Never mind, I’ve got other projects it will fit so not a complete waste of time.
Now a quick rummage through the spares box delivered up a 26.42mm chrome steel Sturmey Archer job that fits perfectly, panic over.
Also, I am very pleased with the seat post clamp ring, it spent 24hrs immersed in Evapo-rust and with a good going over with MAAS metal polish now looks almost perfect.

Attachments

• SeatClamp.jpeg
    SeatClamp.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 765
  • CB54Jubilee (7).jpg
    CB54Jubilee (7).jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 765
  • Sturmey26.42mm.jpeg
    Sturmey26.42mm.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 765
Re:

Wow, that is a stunner! I have a real soft spot for green bikes.

Why don't modern manufacturers choose colours like that?

cromoman":3es7plye said:

I agree... I watch our local club time trial around our village and its like Jackson Pollock threw up over them all..... :mrgreen:

cromoman":3cgkndsb said:

So that you know ours are retro darling.

Looking very smart as each day goes on :)
Like the others I am really liking this colour as well.
I disagree with THM as I believe the post said throw a set of mudguards and a saddlebag and you have a sure fire winner :) All hells already broken out, you may as well take a win ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":l4x4l270 said:
Looking very smart as each day goes on :)
Like the others I am really liking this colour as well.
I disagree with THM as I believe the post said throw a set of mudguards and a saddlebag and you have a sure fire winner :) All hells already broken out, you may as well take a win ;)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie,
Not sure about THM’s winning formula, of all the RBotM & BotM that I’ve voted on, I’ve not even got close to picking a winner.
Anyway, I’ve got some good news that should please THM later in today’s post, (I have to wait till I get to my work PC to edit the photos)

Chris

Latest posts

Back