Raleigh Gran Sport Actually Built see P.23

Do you want to be Ping or Pong?

Back. Resting. Should’ve cut my toenails first.

Pics everywhere later.

Just had pie so regained my composure. Spent some time this morning changing the levers and wrapping the tape I thought I was buying the first time around. The Deda stuff disintegrated on removal. Rubbish. The Fizik was lovely.

A lovely ride with a beautifully composed machine. I should imagine that with a proper rider on it this bike would fly. The super skinny tyres were perfect for today's dry, dusty, yes dusty, conditions, audibly squirming a little on the corners.

I was buttonholed at the station by a lovely elderly gentleman reminiscing about his Dawes Galaxy (£275 plus vat) that he still has up in Herefordshire.

Hope you're all enjoying the fine weather and getting out amongst it.

Rbotm shot

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_25a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_25a.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 745
  • fullsizeoutput_25e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_25e.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 744
Re:

Well it seems there's very little love for my restoration on here.

I sent the last pic to the family of the previous owner with details of the work carried out and had some appreciative replies. I said that i hoped he would have been proud of the outcome.....

"Hi Jason.

I cannot get over that’s the same bike. You’ve breathed fresh air into it. Enjoy it. Yes he would have. He’d be amazed.

Take care

Becky and David"

"Jason

This is Becky’s Mother. The bike belonged to my late brother. Thank you so much for the updates. You have done a splendid job on the bike and I can say that my brother would have been so pleased and delighted to know that it had gone to you. I hope you have many years pleasure in riding it

Regards

Josephine Clark"

I certainly will. Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 718
Re: Re:

Great photos as usual, easy really with such a tidy looking subject!
Nice to get those messages from the original owner’s friends & family.

But as for this statement;

The History Man":1x4oenh7 said:
Well it seems there's very little love for my restoration on here.

I’ll get me violin out shall I? for the poor emotional starved THM with your 27 page, 237 posts, 8324 viewed little thread, so that someone, somewhere will take pity on poor poor THM! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Still might.... if you bag the RBotM you could quite easily milk some more, & chuck in some “stufff” to wake up The Big Cheese....

Re:

THM, you must be absolutely giant. You've got like the biggest bike frame ever, and then hoiked the seat post up another few inches for added bigness.

Bike looks lovely btw. :D

Back