`86 Look TVT La Vie Claire build

Where abouts are you{iam London}i can send in post off cut of carbon{in composites for my sins}so sprayer can play around with for testing purposes,i'll make sure it's got 'weave'

Sounds a good plan with the translucent silver paint. Look forward to seeing the results. I've been tempted to paint mine but can't bring myself to do it.
Frame numbers are straightforward. First 6 digits are date. So yours is 11th April 1986. The last 2 or 3 digits will be the production number (probably for that year).

Re:

Ah, thats great information - its why you`ve got to love this forum - detailed info on frame numbers of TVT`s just doesn`t exist anywhere else.

Regarding paint, Stefthehat kindly sent me over a couple of pieces of carbon to experiment with - regular silver cannot be thinned or mixed correctly to be transulant - well it can, but it goes patchy, so the current answer is to build up a few layers of semi-translucent silver pearl, my painter is experimneting with the carbon offcuts at the moment. Straightforward silver would be so much easier but I just love the weave on the TVT...

Ambrosio Metamorphasis tubs are currently being built - got hold of a nos set of 28 hole rims and a set of nos Campy record hubs that match, there`s not much metal on either of these so its going to be a lightweight set - better avoid the potholes!

Re:

Does anyone know where to pick up the correct `86 decal set from - I`ve hunted around and found many different sets but none that are spot on - any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan.

Attachments

• LaVie Claire_Frameset 1986.jpg
    LaVie Claire_Frameset 1986.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 588
Re:

Quick update on the TVT - Dizzybird on ebay has sorted the correct set of decals ready for the painted frame - which is at the painters. Alas no luck with the semi-translucent silver, just looked naff, so have gone with solid silver with the lower section of the seat tube faded to clear so i can still see a little carbon - tastefully done.

Wheels - just picked up the new old stock 28 spoke Ambrosio Metamorphasis rims which have been freshly laced to a new old stock Campag C-Record set of hubs - harder to find in 28 hole than the rims were... look epic with 7 speed 13-25 cassette as well!

ambrosio-1.JPG

ambrosio-2.JPG

ambrosio-3.JPG

Lovely wheels, but they aren't C Record hubs in the pics. They look like old super record.

I'm still looking for a set of C Record hubs in 28H for my rims; incredibly hard to find when you want the early 90's cassette version.

Re:

Think your correct, add said they were c-record but probably super record - I can live with that - 28 hole non pista Campag hubs are just rare - though the low number of spokes look super sexy... my wheel builder has warned me to avois potholes like the plague as there`s not a lot of metal on the rims either - might get the scales out and see where they come in.

... I also didn't found a pair of Metamorphosis rims too - so I take a pair of look like Synthesis instead.

Someone here knows the different? Both are Durex rims but Synthesis had been made for 36 and 32 holes by Ambrosio
... and except the name letters on the green-blue sticker they look a like

Re:

Just weighed the Ambrosio`s and they come in at 2.32 kilo including the hubs and cassette - will pop the tubs on there and weigh again - not that it makes much difference but its always good to know.

Back