Alan Competizione 1972

goatmxx

Retro Newbie
Got my first vintage bike just now. Have done some research on this one and i belive it's a 1972 Alan Competizione. Sold in Denmark as a Saxil.

Campagnolo Nuovo Record groupset. The rear derailleur seems to have been replaced with a 1981 model. Looking forward to do some TLC on this one.

ubbthreads.php

Not that I can see.. My cycle specific english may be bad, but if you mean the area where the seatpost meets the frame there is only the framesize that is stamped in. 60x59. The only other number I can see on this bike is the 6 digits under the bottom bracket, the length of the cranklevers and the pat -81 on the rear derailleur.

Re:

Here are some more pictures. Not very good quality..

Attachments

• Bottom Bracket.jpg
    Bottom Bracket.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 575
  • Frame size.jpg
    Frame size.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 575
  • Front brake.jpg
    Front brake.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 575
  • Rear derailleur.jpg
    Rear derailleur.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 575
There is usually some letters and numbers stamped on the seat tube, just below the seat lug righthand side, just about where the pump clip is. This info will give the type and year.

mdvineng":2jfnox3c said:
There is usually some letters and numbers stamped on the seat tube, just below the seat lug righthand side, just about where the pump clip is. This info will give the type and year.

They didn't start dating the frames until 1975 if I am right. Everything I've found out points to this bike beeing a 1972 or early 73 model.

Back