Father & Son Claud Butler quicky sideshow project

Finally finished! (well almost) I'm still waiting for a NOS chrome front hanger for the centre pull brakes, but I'm still quite pleased with the transformation. One day, hopefully my daughter will want to go a little faster and allow me to remove the carrier and fit some drop handlebars and the original Suntour kit. Until then at least shes riding a "lightweight" all be it a 70's one!

Attachments

• 1978 Majestique b.jpeg
    1978 Majestique b.jpeg
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 1978 Majestique a.jpeg
    1978 Majestique a.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,166
Re: Re:

The History Man":1rjhacmp said:
Nice job. Very miss marple! Don’t tell her I said that.
Cheers History Man. No I won’t mention the Miss Marple comment, (although yes, that’s what it reminds me of as well)
Her birthday’s not until the very end of the month at which time I’m sure she’ll be flooding Instagram with more creative shots than I can think of!

Excellent work by the two of you. Looks smart. Im sure one day you'll be allowed to make it more racy. I'm sure it will be received very well. Now to keep it hidden until the big day.

Jimny14":13mdckji said:
Excellent work by the two of you. Looks smart. Im sure one day you'll be allowed to make it more racy. I'm sure it will be received very well. Now to keep it hidden until the big day.
oh yes, she's well an truly under wraps, this is how I would have her dressed....one day

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 1,152
Looks lovely, just one thing I'm wondering but would White hoods look better? I think brown ones might look too brown if that makes sense.

Jimny14":1kqjpq28 said:
Looks lovely, just one thing I'm wondering but would White hoods look better? I think brown ones might look too brown if that makes sense.
I agree the dark brown doesn't work for me, I think I would prefer a gum or tan set of hoods with that bar tape (also they don't get as grubby quite as quickly)
This Majestique is currently on e-bay for £525 which if it was from the first batch made in '77 might be a reasonable price (if you have loads of expendable income an no inclination to do anything with a bike other than collect them)

Re:

Finally finished, with some NOS chrome steel wheels, amber wall tyres, NOS chrome head set and a shiney small Shimano de-railer

Attachments

• file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 1,011
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,011
Took the kids out for a ride this afternoon, It was my daughters first proper run out in the Majetique, all I can say is wow! don't let the basket fool you, its still a proper lightweight.... she took off like a sprinter and left me & Jimmy for dust!
By the time we caught her up in the next village she was posing the bike and snapping away with her phone ready to fill up instergram/pintrest/snapchat etc!
Here are some of them;

Attachments

• file2.png
    file2.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 968
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    105.1 KB · Views: 968
Looks lovely!
Job well done boys and by the look of it she is well taken with it.

Jamie

Back