Boardman Cougar team GAN replica-ish

liking that very much indeed, super looking machine. you should also be applauded for your patience given the time span of your post!

I read with great interest as i'm 99% done on a similar type of project with as much Mavic as possible, and I've chopped and changed much like you did as to what the best solution is! if I say I have 4 different rear mechs for my build and still haven't decided which one to use!

Hope it rides as good as it looks... :LOL:

cheers :)

it rides very typically of a TT bike, a little weird but as expected although i haven't yet ridden it for long enough for a proper feel. a proper TT will tell me if i can cope with the aero position

everything works though and that is the main thing, TT bikes generally have crappy brakes, these work, the rear gears are spot on although the chain line is a little weird so the front shifting isn't great but works ok, but that said on this bike i suspect the inner chain ring will rarely be used so "ok" for the shifting is fine by me

:D

Great project that. As you say defo needs a differnt post and looking at Boardmans TT bike on page 2 I'd be tempted to go for a Mike Burrows carbon aero. I'd also have to cut down the steerer and get rid of that massive spacer.

All in all a great bike, adding matching wheels was a great modification. :D

Great build ! Well done .
If you can manage a lower position , try putting the tri bars underneath . It will look even better then ;)

Re:

Hi Johnnyboy, your Cougar looks rad!! I'm planning to build one myself as well, do you know anyone selling theirs? Lmk, cheers!

Back