My Bob Jackson - Don't know much about these.

jamesdak

Old School Hero
Thought I'd share another one of my bikes. This is a Bob Jackson I got locally in Utah a couple of years ago. I was told it was Reynolds 531 but there's not decals on it. It did have a cycleart repaint sometime in the past.

I find it to be a very fun ride and pretty fast. It does feel a bit flexy under me when I really hammer away at high speeds on it but for the most part is a great, comfortable rider for enjoy the countryside on. I contacted Bob Jackson and they said it should be a 1983 sold to Bikeology here in the states. The serial number stamp was just a bit odd.

Here's some pics of it.

163860872.jpg

163860873.jpg

163860871.jpg

163860874.jpg

It's sporting a Shimano 600 tricolor setup in it's current build.

163860877.jpg

163860878.jpg

163860879.jpg

It sat at 21 1/2 lbs in this configuration with a set of modern 1400 gram wheels on it. Not bad though with the pedals, bottle cages, and sensors.

165061172.jpg

I've since moved these wheels onto my 1987 Waterford Paramount and put a vintage set back on this. This is my first real British bike in my collection and I really love it. One day I hope to get a new one from them to build up.

Hi James, you can't go too wrong with a Bob Jackson and yours certainly looks very smart. A very classic look to it with the first set of wheels and the 600 really suites it.
What was strange with the serial number?

Jamie

Re:

The same colour as the '86 BJ I recently built up. Here, if you've got a few minutes to kill.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=373612

Love it, I also have a 2012 Jackson. They give a great service, and are a bargain when compared to some.

Enjoy

Mike

Jamiedyer":97ygvny4 said:
Hi James, you can't go too wrong with a Bob Jackson and yours certainly looks very smart. A very classic look to it with the first set of wheels and the 600 really suites it.
What was strange with the serial number?

Jamie

Oh, it's just the way it was stamped. One number is way off from the others.

165060990.jpg

It's got a retro set of wheels back on it now. I do love how it rides. I need to clear out some bikes in the spring but no way this one is going anywhere.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2thziyim said:
The same colour as the '86 BJ I recently built up. Here, if you've got a few minutes to kill.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=373612

Love it, I also have a 2012 Jackson. They give a great service, and are a bargain when compared to some.

Enjoy

Mike

I read through your whole post earlier while researching. I noted the placement of the 531 decal which mine is missing.

Midlife":14sya7e9 said:
Nice :). Is that a Technomatic stem from Nitto?

Would look nice with friction shifted lol

Thanks! It is a Techtronic. This is actually my smallest frame and smaller than I usual ride so I needed the height.

I picked it up setup with the brifters. About 1/3 of my bikes are DT shifting so no desire to change this one back right now. Maybe some day.

Back