1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

That must be a relief, for sure.
The NHS do free hips but those stronglight BB's don't grow on trees ;)

Jamie

Re:

The click you think may be coming from BB might be the FD cable endcap hitting the crank arm. I had that on my road bike after I'd replaced the FD cable. Took me a few minutes turning cranks off-bike mid-ride to notice as I was looking at BB while doing so. You saying it's a double click though is more likely not that unless there's a recess in back of crank arm like the one on the front. You're 3rd pic of bike on page 17 makes it look like the cable end is sticking out.

If it's not that I'd suggest your knees instead of your hip. :mrgreen:

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":1wmn0edr said:
The click you think may be coming from BB might be the FD cable endcap hitting the crank arm. I had that on my road bike after I'd replaced the FD cable. Took me a few minutes turning cranks off-bike mid-ride to notice as I was looking at BB while doing so. You saying it's a double click though is more likely not that unless there's a recess in back of crank arm like the one on the front. You're 3rd pic of bike on page 17 makes it look like the cable end is sticking out.

If it's not that I'd suggest your knees instead of your hip. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the idea, but it happens in both chainrings. Most odd.

Mike

What a transformation. Just looking back at the pictures of that tired looking frame on p1, compared to the beautiful bike you have now, amazing.

Great inspiration to get out and sort out a couple of mine!

Question about the repaint, if that's ok? Thinking of sending a frame to them. Do they ream / finish the headset / bb facing's as part of the job?
cheers
Richard

Mike, doubling click from the BB only when you pedal... check the seatpost binder bolt, and the saddle clamp bolt.

richardshill":1cf5c7l6 said:
Question about the repaint, if that's ok? Thinking of sending a frame to them. Do they ream / finish the headset / bb facing's as part of the job?
cheers
Richard

Nope extras

I wouldn’t say hidden. You get what you pay for. I had a frame refurbed by them and it came back perfect with some nice touches done for a minimal charge such as removing broken bolts and retapping etc

Back