Geoff Smith?

Re:

Geoff Smith likely had the frames built locally as there was still an active framebuilding industry in the UK at the time this frame was made (circa 1990-95), especially in Lancashire / Western counties where yours is from.

The name Steve Goff keeps popping up.

I used to own a Graham Weigh 753 built in '93, Deeside, Wales. Paul Donahue built frames for them. I'm not sure if he built frames for Geoff Smith.

Well, not exactly a faithful restoration, but here's how things panned out, shot here on the Sunday shakedown ready for the commute. It's a lovely ride (albeit the groupset's a real bitza at the moment), am well pleased - but it's now covered in dirt already which is how things should be.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.JPG
    IMG_3599.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_3600.JPG
    IMG_3600.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 466
And another tantalising conversation with Dave Yates... pics and data sent... argghh the anticipation. Bound to end in disappoints - "It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

Re:

Huzzah!
“It's a M Steel Cycles frame built in 1995 from 531c”
Dave confirms. Really appreciate the tip off as well.
Time to head over to HLloyd for some decals.

Fab! if only all frame IDs were so easy.

Note to framebuilders your initials next to a number would be smashing, ta

Re:

I quite liked the Geoff Smith name

Geoff Smith, Bob Jackson....add a Harry Hall and a Jack Taylor and you bike shed reads like the cast of Last of the Summer Wine, or members of a gardening club.

I am easily amused!

Back