Joe Waugh 653

Just took delivery of some Veloflex tyres to give the Joe Waugh a proper 90s look.

Also added an Avocet computer to keep with the period.

It rides beautifully and I'll be back out on it this Sunday evening (if it's nice and sunny!)

Attachments

• Joe Waugh 653.jpg
    Joe Waugh 653.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Joe Waugh 653 Details.jpg
    Joe Waugh 653 Details.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,015
oonaff":155dmkel said:
nice,new 105 stuff must have been hard to come by ?

Thank you. The 105SC stuff is still ok to get, plenty of chainsets, brake and gear levers to be had and reasonable prices too. Although getting a good 105 headset was tough.

Re:

Very nice build. One on my wish list.

Like yourself the Joe Waugh(M.Steel) and your Denton/Raleigh have a special place.
As a Durham lad I've spent many hours wandering the boards of these shops drooling over such bikes.
Thanks to you still drooling.

Not forgetting the Hardisty frames, believed built by Kevin Winter, as were very early Orange frames.

Looking fwd to seeing the Denton.
Carl

Lovely build, really like that colour.
I'm local too, and have a pair of M.Steel/Joe Waugh frames. The geometry, lugs and detailing on yours are very close to my 531c Joe Waugh. Different fork crown, though I sold another Dave Yates frame a while back that had a similar one.
The frame number might give some clue to the date - mine are both MS6xx, which makes them 1985 or thereabouts.

anagrama":32wmv6g3 said:
Lovely build, really like that colour.
I'm local too, and have a pair of M.Steel/Joe Waugh frames. The geometry, lugs and detailing on yours are very close to my 531c Joe Waugh. Different fork crown, though I sold another Dave Yates frame a while back that had a similar one.
The frame number might give some clue to the date - mine are both MS6xx, which makes them 1985 or thereabouts.

I was in Steels the other day and asked about the frame number while I was in. Apparently, Dave Yates took all that information with him when he left. So it is Dave I need to speak to. My frame number is 4997. I'm doing a frame building course with Dave next year so really looking forward to quizzing him about everything!

Back