1980 / 81 Andy Thompson Time Trial Bike

Re: Re:

Featch":36kzw9qo said:
Hi. I've only just seen this thread and unfortunately the photos aren't displaying which is a shame. As the person responsible for creating this bike I'd love to see it and maybe fill in a bit of history but It was a very long time ago!
Andy

I'll have a look at getting the pictures back up, Photobucket made some changes and it means all pictures have been blocked for anyone who is not a paid Photobucket user :cry:

I would love to find out more about the bike

If you Google Andy Thompson bike they are stored on Google's database, don't think you can copy them but they are visible :)

Re:

saved for posterior-errity

Attachments

• at1.jpg
    at1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 1,083
  • at10.jpg
    at10.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,083
  • at11.jpg
    at11.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,080
  • at12.jpg
    at12.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • at14.jpg
    at14.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,080
  • at13.jpg
    at13.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,083
Re:

and some more

Attachments

• at15.jpg
    at15.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • at16.jpg
    at16.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 1,079
  • at17.jpg
    at17.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • at18.jpg
    at18.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • at2.jpg
    at2.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 1,080
Wow! That takes me back. Every frame was custom built, I never made any stock frames at TBC. Tony Jackson was a regular customer and I sold a good few through his shop. Columbus KL was very light and popular for time trial bikes. I'm guessing that I would have just supplied the frame and the shop would have built it up although I don't recall this particular frame as this particular style was probably my best seller at the time. We were very busy at the time and it's all a bit of a blur.

All frames were painted in house using two pack paint from H Marcel Guest in Manchester. Most colours were custom mixed usually base coat and clear. The paint contained isocyanate hardener that, despite precautions, had a very adverse effect on my health which ultimately became a contributing factor in the demise of the business.

Andy

Midlife":pzdyg7cr said:
Hi Andy

Do you recognise your Thompson on Hilary Stone's website, I wondered if you had made it specially for someone?

Shaun

All frames were custom built, so yes it would have been built for a specific customer.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the info :)

Just by chance do you recognise the Falcon in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=374500

It rings no bells with me but didn't you find a stash of frames at falcon when you were involved in their winding down?

Shaun

Re:

I never saw a Falcon frame like that, its either not a Falcon or it's after the Casket group takeover. The stash I found we're traditional old school Italian frames.

Thanks :). I have a soft spot for Falcon as Billy Holmes got me my San Remo, I have ridden in their support car too :). I've still have the San Remo LOL

Back