1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

Re: 1986 Bob Jackson 531c

You'll be doing L'eroica next Mike, now you know its 86 will you be going for a 6208 groupset

Looking forward to seeing it repainted mr muzz what you doing about bottle cage mounts??

kingbling":guocncuw said:
You'll be doing L'eroica next Mike, now you know its 86 will you be going for a 6208 groupset

600 Arabesque, Clive. ;)

Got two bits on the way, someone else is flogging me most of the rest. Need, gulp, toe-clip type pedals. Specific to the Arabesque g/set, they have oversize axles I believe. And some later hubs, to make up wheels with the MA40s I have. Oh, and a nice black Rolls saddle. And a Cinelli stem, around 130mm, and in silver.

Edit: 600AX are oversize, 600EX are standard.

DICKO10":guocncuw said:
Looking forward to seeing it repainted mr muzz what you doing about bottle cage mounts??

Hi Carl,

I'll have two sets brazed on when I get it re-sprayed. Still unsure between single colour, or a two-tone fade. Metallic, either way

Mike

Re:

Had the first of the parcels arrive today,

IMG_1410 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Flippin' 'eck, that axle is heavy! Good I guess, less flex from my 130watts! :LOL: :LOL:

Lots more to come!

Mike

Re:

Just been away for the week. Came home to find a few parcels for me.

IMG_1498 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I did buy a spare axle, in case this one was toast.

Headset spanners, hope to be getting the headset tomorrow morning,

IMG_1499 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Hubs that were actually gifted to me by someone on here. For nothing more than a donation to a charity of his choice. John, you're a gent, and I will make that donation this week. ;)

IMG_1500 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

It will be interesting - well, for me - to see how well these will look after a strip, polish up, re-grease and built up again.

And proper shoe plates for the pedals that I have earmarked for the bike. I can't see why the ones mentioned in my other thread wouldn't work as well looking at the design, given how rare these seem to be.

IMG_1503 by Michael Murray, on Flickr.

I already had the rims to build the wheels up!

IMG_1502 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I shall be picking up a lot of the groupset parts I need for this bike at noon tomorrow.

Mike

Re:

Today I met up with someone who had a box of interesting parts for me.

Have to admit, I was pleased of the tailwind home, carrying lot of metal in my rucksack!

So here's the tally so far,

IMG_1507 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I have a pair of pedals lined up, and will get them soon.

First job will be to take the rear hub apart, clean and polish, and put a longer axle in, so I can run 7 speed.

Mike

It's going to look pretty amazing with all of this adorning it. :)

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3a2yqmfj said:
It's going to look pretty amazing with all of this adorning it. :)

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

Still not totally decided on frame colour yet! :roll:

Mike

Re:

Cheers Nick ;)

I know it's going to be shiny! :shock:

Two tone metallic fade going on in my head. May look at some old racing photos for inspiration.

Mike

Back