Falcon Team Banana

Re:

Almost completed my Team Banana build. I'm pretty happy with the look, I ordered a set of bull bars, but it'll depend in comfort what stays. Talking of comfort, the hard plastic Ranger saddle is going, my arse can't take any more! I'm also waiting for the last bits of the front brake to arrive. After losing my footing on the pedals at high speed, I careered to an eventually safe stop. But I got quite a scare, so for the sake of legality... And my underpants, a front brake is a must.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 582
Hi, I've just acquired a Falcon Team Banana road bike which I hope to restore. So lucky to find this forum.
Hope you won't mind me picking your brains for advice.
First question is, to keep it as original as possible, what tyres would suit it best?
The ones on it don't seem original.

Re:

Been a wee while, so here is my 99% finished bike.

Replaced the decals, new black/yellow Boardman seat, new white handlebar tape, refitted original front brake caliper and attached white brake blocks (black ones left lovely black streaks on the white rims!), fitted a small one finger brake lever. Only thing still needing done is replace the original, rusty pedals.

I bought "Bullhorn" handlebars off of eBay, but it turned out to be standard racer handlebars that had been chopped. I tried them out, but thought they didn't look quite right, so I put the original handlebars back on.

I still wonder sometimes if I should have gone and restored it to original spec, but I love the clean, minimalist look and the simplicity of the fixed gear.

Attachments

• barnarnar.jpg
    barnarnar.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 258
Back