1953 Ellis Briggs Superbe

velo6":27bx56ic said:
Well, Ken didn't actually win the ToB on an Ellis Briggs.
Did you know the “Donnez-moi votre bicyclette?” :)

I really enjoyed reading this article - if you haven't read it yet, enjoy
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/proje ... index.html

How about just adding the name to the top tube, like on this https://i.pinimg.com/236x/2a/2d/98/2a2d ... 7b11b2.jpg

Sad news: Ellis Briggs posted a message today saying that Ken Russell passed away at the weekend aged 87.

Of course, you're right - Ken's EB never made the the finish line! ..I had read that article a while ago and then re-read it after getting the Briggs. It such a great bit of social history and we'll written article. Part of the joy of old bikes is that they open up stories like that. I loved reading about Eileen Sheridan when I got my (now sold) Hercules. There's a fantastic podcast documentary /interview with her somewhere online. Her story is also amazing and she comes across as very likable.

Back on topic. It seem like H Lloyds and Ellis Briggs are willing to reproduce the Ken Russell decal which would obviously be a bit more poignant now.

I seen the announcement on the Ellis Briggs facebook page earlier tonight.
They had a nice picture posted after the TOB and there was some really nice discussion going on as well.
Ken Russell RIP.

Jamie

Re:

Well, it took a while (dropped off in October) but I picked up my frame repainted frame from the not closed Ellis Briggs at the weekend.

I'm very pleased with the quality of the finish. For reasons never quite explained they were unable to do the Ken Russell decals - a shame but not the end of the world.

Attachments

• finf&f.jpg
    finf&f.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 315
  • finhead.jpg
    finhead.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 315
Re:

A couple more...

Now I just need to crack on with cleaning up the parts which could be another 6 months...

Attachments

• finseat.jpg
    finseat.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 315
  • finbb.jpg
    finbb.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 315
That definitely took a little while :)
The finish looks great so you must be well pleased.
Looking forward to watching this come together and back on the road.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back