OH NO! Not Another Lloyd

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fraid so, but not mine.

This little beauty was sneakily bought by my son and is currently in my garage while he gathers the parts to build it.

Several features make it unusual, first the frame is welded, not fillet brazed, second is seems to have a very cursory frame number but as it has a plastic cable guide (another unusual feature) there could be more of a number underneath. That said, I have other Lloyd's with no number and they usually appear to be early prototypes or one offs. Hooded dropouts are also a little unusual on a DL road bike

The fact it is welded says to me that it could be made of Reynolds 853, although there may also be Columbus tubesets which are better welded.

It sure is purdy tho.

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

Some welds.

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

Dropouts

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Re:

A mish mash of modern to get it on the road I think, after that it may get refined. I think he only bought it because it was on ebay with nobody biting, plus he knows I think highly of DL's work.

I'll get more pics as / when he starts to build it up.

Re:

Like it! Looking forward to following the build Your son's got good taste in retro frames too then I see! :)

Re:

The build kind of started today as it was wet and I was bored.

The headset is a slightly modified Stronglight A9, so I think it's original, I stripped greased and reassembled it, then I put in a SRAM GXP BB and bolted on some SRAM Rival brakes. There are matching F&R mechs and shifters too, all donated by my daughter. I'm not sure which cranks are going on, they are also donated.

Pictures as soon as there is something worth taking a picture of.

Re:

After chatting with my son it looks like the spares boxes are to be emptied of as many silver parts as possible.

SRAM shifter dictate F&R mechs, the rest I will see what I have in order to get it on the road.

Pichurs soon, I promise.

Back