1991 Orbit Illusion 531 Competition...FINISHED!

I've owned 2 Orbits. A small racer and a touring bike. Very under rated bikes IMHO. They ride nice and are well put together. If you're after a real bargain in what seems to be over inflated prices for older quality stuff, you can't go far wrong with these.

You've done a cracking job on that. I'm pretty sure that it probably rides and feels far superior to well known bikes of that era that cost three times as much.

Re:

Hi. Thanks for all the replies. I did 40 miles on it last weekend, and am still really pleased with it. Handles well, and is really enjoyable to get the miles in on. Changed my mind about the bars though, just a really odd(and uncomfortable) shape.

Fortunately I now have a Dawes road bike from the early 80s that they'd suit. It has much bigger tyres than the Orbit, so absorbs the road bumps better. Just need a set of silver ergo bars now. And some more brown bar tape. Hopefully LGF, it won't get a chance to wear away. I'm not planning to ride it during wet weather either, got a modern Trek for that.

Regards

Marge

Back