Carlton Corinthian, c1955

Looks like a LOT of hard work rubbing the paint and corrosion off. My finger tips empathise! :) (I've just stripped a roadster). It's nice to see the shiny steel around your brake bridge.

If you have it professionally refinished, you may likely be surprised at what they can hide away. It's a worthwhile investment imo.

The shiny bits look like they deserve a proper paint job. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Will you be reproducing the decals yourself?

Some Guy":1y36k59t said:
Looks like a LOT of hard work rubbing the paint and corrosion off. My finger tips empathise! :) (I've just stripped a roadster). It's nice to see the shiny steel around your brake bridge.

If you have it professionally refinished, you may likely be surprised at what they can hide away. It's a worthwhile investment imo.

The shiny bits look like they deserve a proper paint job. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Will you be reproducing the decals yourself?

I've got some replacements, I'm going to redraw the seat tube name.

An update on the Corinthian restoration, the frame is now just about bare metal. It will need a little filling in places and and to be prepared for an etch primer. A few images taken last weekend.

PA211916_zpsntsggaoe.jpg

PA211915_zpscgt5sbaq.jpg

PA211912_zpszhjg7xkt.jpg

22 tooth Regina Corsa rear block on refurbished wheels...
PA211909_zpsx5xpua4g.jpg

PA211908_zpswkyk8ssu.jpg

PA211906_zpsjritwpr2.jpg

P9231620_zpswcof8bjz.jpg

P9231617_zps6unb5inf.jpg

Where do you keep finding these perfect Bluemels mudguards Mike? Have you got a time machine in your shed?

The frame's looking great by the way. Can't wait to see it with it's new paint.

Hi thanks for the comments, some of my guards courtesy of Ebay, some from my 'store'. This frame has been in store over the winter...

The red guards above are now on my 1951 Sun Vitesse 3-speed.

I need to resurrect this project soon. Got a lot of 'stuff' on in May and June but in July hopefully I can get some primer on the frame!

I really like the blue you can still see the traces of.
Are you going back to the original colour?

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2zqk0wse said:
I really like the blue you can still see the traces of.
Are you going back to the original colour?

Jamie

Yes as close as I can, with contrasting seat tube hoops in a dark red.

Lovely, neat frame. The closest I have is a 1953 Lenton which doesn't quite have the same quality of craftsmanship applied to the brazing....

Re:

Yo've done a fantastic job preparing your lovely frame for refinishing!

Can I ask why not grit blasting, to avoid those sore fingers - not to mention the time? Probably only £10 - £20 for the job. Although, of course, there wouldn't be the satisfaction of having done it yourself. P'raps I just answered my own question!

Look forward very much to seeing more progress.

Re: Re:

chickendrumsticks":1401wxxu said:
Yo've done a fantastic job preparing your lovely frame for refinishing!

Can I ask why not grit blasting, to avoid those sore fingers - not to mention the time? Probably only £10 - £20 for the job. Although, of course, there wouldn't be the satisfaction of having done it yourself. P'raps I just answered my own question!

Look forward very much to seeing more progress.

Just really want a restoration I can say I've done the lot myself. Something I've never tried.

Back