Modern sorry Cherubim Piuma

Re:

The stem is ugly as is the spacer that tightens on the headtube allowing the swapping of stems without having to re-adjust the headset (good idea though) Any suggestions on the stem? I was thinking a Thomson X2? Cant think of many stems that come in natural alloy colour. The stem on the bike now is a Nitto like in the test but 85mm- not nice!

Re build Roly, yep totally agree. Only other downsides for me are single pivot rear brake and non compact chainset but that is for practical reasons which obviously come a distant second to aesthetics! ;)

Some pics- I plan to replace the Conti 23cs with some Veloflex 25c tyres, the stem with likely a 100mm Thomson X2, and the pedals with some DA 7800 jobbies. The saddle height is as the previous owner had it but seems to fit me, the stem height I will likely adjust. & it looks like there is chrome under the paint? The scratch pictured is on the DT...

AeOSkxd.jpg

mK4Rgc2.jpg

A7gHBKO.jpg

b9gS9UL.jpg

uAK9i4P.jpg

K4E9AUL.jpg

Re: Re:

CTK":1kp2rcp7 said:
The stem is ugly as is the spacer that tightens on the headtube allowing the swapping of stems without having to re-adjust the headset (good idea though) Any suggestions on the stem? I was thinking a Thomson X2? Cant think of many stems that come in natural alloy colour. The stem on the bike now is a Nitto like in the test but 85mm- not nice!

Re build Roly, yep totally agree. Only other downsides for me are single pivot rear brake and non compact chainset but that is for practical reasons which obviously come a distant second to aesthetics! ;)

You could try the Ritchey Classic stem ( and eventually tie it in with the bars and seatpost) I'm using these on my Arabesque (when it's finally built) and I'll post pictures. In the meantime it can be found at wiggle - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-classic-c220-stem/

That's a good shout, thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

Roly yes that is very nice and chrome would look great, but too pricey.

Its fast and responsive, rides beautifully. Bad back means I've not been on any super long rides so cant comment on all day comfort.

Controversially I've swapped the wheels for Zondas. Also swapped the fizik for a turbo, flipped the stem over and put 25c Veloflex tyres on. Weight now is 8.35kg.

Back