"033" = Production line number

Fork: KLEIN AEROS
Headset: KLEIN
Stem: Ritchey C260 120mm : 110g
Handlebar: noname carbon 400mm : 190g
Bar Tape: noname black

Brake Levers/Shifters: SRAM Red double tap 10v : 295g
Brake Calipers: CLB Compact / Pads KCNC : 195g

Front Derailleur: SHIMANO DuraAce 7400 : 88g (the only original part)
Rear Derailleur: HURET Jubilée : 118g !! yes it works indexed :cool:
Derailleur Cables: KCNC Orange
Cassette: SHIMANO Ultegra (first 6 cogs 11s ; last 3 cogs 11s) 9 cogs
Chain: KMC SL 11
Cranks: PMP Micro Road : 575g
Chainrings: Specialité TA 48x34
Bottom Bracket: PMP titanium axle 106mm : 125g
Pedals: TIME Clic 2 racer : 280g

Wheelset: / BOR 373 / CX-Ray / powerway R13 / : 1270g
Hub Skewers: USE titanium
Tyres: HUTCHINSON Atom Galactik - tubless

Saddle: type SMP (copy) :100g
Seatpost: Noname carbon
Seatpost Binder: KCNC

Bottle Cage: BBB

Weight: 6.660 kgs :xmas-cool:

That's my main climbing road bike, this yellow crazy machine is faster than my ex modern Cannondale full carbon bike :cool:

I am very happy to have operated the legendary french HURET Jubilée rear derailleur from the seventies on an indexed system.
French CLB brakes calipers are very lightweight to and they come from the late seventies.
Italian PMP crankset come from the nineties

some pics

LOW-huret-jubilee-01.JPG

LOW-huret-jubilee-02.JPG

SAM_3710.JPG

SAM_5249OK.jpg

21625254854_9144e6e3b9_o.jpg

22059953630_183d67fb1f_o.jpg

OKSAM_5256.jpg

OKSAM_5257.jpg

OKSAM_5258.jpg

OKSAM_5259.jpg

OKSAM_5260.jpg

SAM_5248OK.jpg

I love the old Klein MTBs with their vibrant colours and smooth finishes and it's great to see they carried on with this theme with their road bikes although thinking about it it was probably the other way round but any way i just love looking at your wonderful bike as it's got the styling i was after bitd when i never new an mtb existed and now seeing your lovely machine has given me the kick up the bagk side i needed so not yet but i will be on the look out for one of these probably next year after i've sorted the bikes out i all ready have ;) ..

Re:

Great build, I had the same frame in the same colour and loved it! My latest bike is a damn near mint condition 1994 Bridgestone RB-1 that i bought from someone that had bought it brand new and stored in their garage, lugged steel with full 1994 spec components and even though it is only 2 years older than my Klein was, it feels like it from a different millennium. The Klein rides like a modern race bike, I had 10 a speed Dura-Ace 7800 group set and 31.8mm ergo bars, it was stiff, light and amazingly fast, I loved it! After living in Japan for so many years, I inevitably rode a lot of ex-Keirin bikes and even got to ride and meet some pro Keirin riders on open track event days in Kawasaki and so developed a love for lugged steel, which is why I have the RB-1 now, a lack of space also limits being able to buy lots and lots of bikes, so I limit myself to one bike per main genre; downhill, cross-country, road. I wish I lived in California, so many old Kleins out there in mint condition! I actually run a Klein Facebook group, which is kinda sad now that i don't actually have a Klein!

Hurret rd works with sram shifters and nine cogs of an 11 speed cassette never would have guessed that. How did discover this.

I really don`t understand your choice of parts on this KLEIN QP ...I really don`t.

by the way: Whats wrong with the "Quantum Pro" logo on the top tube? Did someone put the lettering as decals on it?

Cheers

Back