1994 and 1995 KLEIN Quantum Pro Coral Reef new build project

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
Hey guys!

As I promised, here is more of my recent KLEIN building projects. Within the last 10 days, I purchased three more beautiful KLEIN Quantum Pro bikes from 1994 and 1995. Here are two of them:

1994 KLEIN Quantum Pro (Coral Reef)
Brass headbadge, Size: 59cm
s/n: 590xx94xxx

1995 KLEIN Quantum Pro (Coral Reef)
Silver headbadge, Size: 59cm
s/n: 590xx95xxx

Both of them are in a build up process now but I thought, after you maybe followed my KLEIN Quantum Race conversion to a Speedbike thread, you might be interested in this as well.

Quantum Pros, I will only build up strictly contemporary with no exceptions (besides minor things like valve cap availability in the mid 90s or other unimportant details like the famous black or silver question) after the catalogues. My plan is, to build the Quantum Pros with Shimano Dura-Ace 7702-7710, Syncros Hardcore Seatposts, Selle Italia Flite Titanium Saddles and other correct parts from 1994/1995. Maybe, some ControlTech parts. We will see.

1994 KLEIN Catalogue excerpt (Quantum Pro, Color: Coral Reef)

Bildschirmfoto-2017-07-11-um-02.53.35.png

Let`s start with some pictures of the 1995:

IMG_8223-Kopie.jpg

Coral_Reeficus.jpg

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

I did not find a proper purple Ringle H2O bottlecage yet, so for now, the NOS Minoura will do!

IMG_8439.jpg

Enjoy!

Re: 1994 /1995 KLEIN Quantum Pro Coral Reef new build Project(s)

A beaut!

Hey Tomianson!

I need some more time, but in the autumn, I will sell the 1994 Coral Reef Quantum Pro and I will keep the 1995. Thats the plan and status quo right now. We should stay in contact.

Cheers

F

fguki":3jveicqq said:
Hey Tomianson!

I need some more time, but in the autumn, I will sell the 1994 Coral Reef Quantum Pro and I will keep the 1995. Thats the plan and status quo right now. We should stay in contact.

Cheers

F

Hi Fguki
No problem. I'm keen, so keep me posted.
Thanks
T

Re:

Some headset work, cleaning and Aeros fork in/out pressing today. I consider myself being an absolute expert on the integrated Airhead system and KLEIN Aeros fork, now! :mrgreen: :facepalm:

sscsscsc.jpg

Cheers

fguki":3iqtovee said:
Hey Tomianson!

Cheers

F

Ideally I'm looking for a bare fuselage (frame/fork/stem/headset and b/b) so if you decide to not build one up let me know.
Cheers
T

Hey T!

Not sure about the Fuselage, yet. I might be selling the frame + Aeros fork set with a vintage, contemporary ControlTech seatpost and a ControlTech Stem. Regular 1 1/8" conversion.

Cheers

Falko

fguki":134dpnsw said:
Hey T!

Not sure about the Fuselage, yet. I might be selling the frame + Aeros fork set with a vintage, contemporary ControlTech seatpost and a ControlTech Stem. Regular 1 1/8" conversion.

Cheers

Falko

Ah ok. I'd only be looking for the full Fuselage I'm afraid. Let me know if you change your mind.
T

Back