New Colnago Arabesque Build - Completed

Re: New Colnago Arabesque Build - Build Photos Added

Sorry to hear about the bad paint on the frame. You must be pretty frustrated. I can't imagine a flaw that big would go unnoticed. I hope it wasn't dropped.

larrytx01":2vbc9zh6 said:
Sorry to hear about the bad paint on the frame. You must be pretty frustrated. I can't imagine a flaw that big would go unnoticed. I hope it wasn't dropped.

So do I larrytx01. I should have stuck to buying second hand Colnagos, I've been lucky and never had any issues with any of mine

Unfortunately I have to also comment about poor quality management. The gold paint fill in all the 'clover' logos was very poorly done on my frame so much so that I have redone the lot myself and clear coated over. This sort of refinishing should not be required on a limited edition new frame from a 'prestige' brand.

captnslow":2rdokuqz said:
Unfortunately I have to also comment about poor quality management. The gold paint fill in all the 'clover' logos was very poorly done on my frame so much so that I have redone the lot myself and clear coated over. This sort of refinishing should not be required on a limited edition new frame from a 'prestige' brand.

any chance you could ping me the details of the colour match for the gold and the clear coat you used captnslow? sounds like i might need it in the coming weeks :facepalm:

Wow, I have not heard of problems with the later Colnagos. My experience has been positive. I went a did double check my clear coat and it seems flawless. I have no complaints. Sorry to hear about the less than quality outcomes. These shops are not very large. It would only take one new or disgruntled worker to crank out some shoddy product.

Re: New Colnago Arabesque Build - Final Build Photos Added

After a long and torturous wait she's finally here, build photos can be found on the following link

https://goo.gl/photos/q3zzKw6CvQB8shMm7

Frame: 55cm Colnago Arabesque

Fork: Colnago

Headset: FSA Colnago
Stem: Ritchey Classic 100mm
Handlebar: Ritchey Classic
Bar Tape: Fabric Knurl

Brake Levers/Brifters:Campagnolo Chorus
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Chorus
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Shamal blue
Brake Cables:Campagnolo Ergo power Ultrashift,

Shifters:n/a
Front Derailleur:Campagnolo Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus
Derailleur Cables:Campagnolo Ergo power Ultrashift,
Cassette:Campagnolo Chorus 11 12-27
Chain: Campagnolo Chorus 11
Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus
Chainrings: Campagnolo Chorus 53/39
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Chorus
Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2 Pro-edition

Rims: Campagnolo Shamal Mille
Hubs: Campagnolo Shamal Mille
Skewers: Campagnolo
Nipples: n/a
Spokes: n/a
Tyres: Vittoria Corsa 25mm
Tubes: Shwalbe Extra Light

Saddle: San Marco Regal
Seatpost: Ritchey Classic
Seatpost Binder: Campagnolo

Bottle Cage: Arundel Stainless
Extras:

Weight:t.b.c

stunning!
campy is always one step over shimano (and i ride shimano on all my bike...)... they produce simply a "form follow function" (cit.) grouspet components...
ritchey classic are good, but, with an italian frameset, italian wheelset, italian groupset... i suggest you to have a look to DEDA components... to close the italian pride...
goof choice the arundel stainless... i use it on the mtb and, with the kingcage inox, are the most beautiful bottlecage on the market.

...to sum up...
one of the most beautiful colango that I've never seen!

A frame of this prestige deserves at least Campag Super Record...............

Back