Jack Taylor 1984

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Cheap (by JT standards) recent pick up, now mildly adjusted to suit my riding tastes with a period flat bar, mechs and modern thumbies. Repainted at Bob Jacksons at some point in its life - although a decent job it lacks that original JT aesthetic. Serial 8471.

Taking it way up north for a brief staycation with my brother - hopefully get a debut ride from his gaff at Strathy to Dunnet Head (suspect this is Dyer country...).

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 789
That is really nice Mr K .
Numbers are only 2 years younger than mine :) 7885
Do you know the model?
When are you coming up this way? I could always meet up for a cuppa or a beer if you've got time.

Jamie

DSC_1665 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

When I rescued it from 15 years in a chicken shed
DSC_1655 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Already back in Manchester! Too little time for much cycling with a family reunion taking place at the lighthouse. Much fresh lobster caught and enjoyed! Managed to escape for a quick ride to Farr Bay and the cafe at Bettyhill. Amazing riding and scenery - inspiring ideas of a solo ride/camp/hostel adventure next year. The JT is a great ride - stiff and supple. No idea of the model I'm afraid.

Attachments

• Farr Bay.jpg
    Farr Bay.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 544
  • Towards Bettyhill.jpg
    Towards Bettyhill.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 544
Glad to hear it was a good trip and you got a bit of riding in :)
I do appreciate having this countryside on my doorstep.
I am off down that way on Weds as I have the week off so am looking at the west coast down to Applecross, then across to Inverness and down to Loch Lomond outside Glasgow and meet Heather at the inlaws and she will drive us back Sunday.
Next time you're up give us a shout or if you want to head up for a weekend, between a few us macretro's in the area we can sort you out.
I have organised a retro/randonneur campout weekend for later in August down to Kinlochewe/Torrindon way if any one down south is interested.

Glad you liked the country :)
DSCN2527 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back