Modern sorry Cherubim Piuma

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Classic looks though! Saw this on ebay and couldn't resist- its my dream bike. I have the magazine with the review of my actual bike! They say its quite possibly the best steel frame available today (or words to that effect!)

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... uma-45240/

Only had a couple of miles ride on it as I'm nursing a bad back but it rides great and fits.

(The picture below is from the review)

Attachments

• cherubim.jpg
    cherubim.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,973
Thanks! I will get some of my own pics up as soon as I find a replacement fir photobucket (the bastards!) ;-)

Re:

these are made by a guy called Shinichi Konno, i met him at Nahbs in 2013 i think, his bikes are stunning, he then brought the frames to Bespoked that year.

i really want a bike from him but my current financial status really limits it.

i am jealous.

:)

Re:

Thanks chaps- very happy with it, will photograph the bike and some of the lovely details when we get some sun.

Seriously its my dream bike, I was using auction watch to search Cherubim weekly (ok & GT Edge ;-) & I would often search on the Cherubim shop blog to see what frames were being sold. When this came up on auction watch my eyes nearly fell out of my head!

I'm 5'11 and am comfortable on a 54cm frame. This was advertised on ebay as a 56, to my eyes it looks big for a 56, I emailed the seller asking for TT length and he said 54! I thought he must be measuring wrong so I sent links to guides on measuring top tubes etc and he measured again and included a pic of him holding a tape measure and it showed a 55cm TT. That was close enough! Offer put in on a Sat and the following Monday I travelled down the M4 to Barnes to pick it up.

Its in great condition, the anodizing has worn from the rims and there are 1 or 2 marks but overall its in VGC.

If I could possibly justify the cost he would be my builder of choice for a road bike.

It's actually a really good build too, Royce hubs are certainly a massive plus, and it's not so high spec you'd be worried about putting miles on it and having to pay loads to replace the worn out bits! I'd be tempted to fit a prettier stem though.

Back