Colnago Nuovo Mexico Ex Kwantum Team Frame

ColnagoC59

Old School Hero
Been looking for some time for a decent Colnago in my size to restore / build. Always seem to miss out or prices go crazy. Anyhow spotted this recently, and a few things got my ears pricked up, double bosses and race number boss, either been adapted from original or an ex racers frame. Number boss looked right shape to be original but downtube bosses? Thought I’d take a chance
Once I got my hands on the frame, I could tell it was all original but had a poorly done DIY re-spray. I sent the frame number to Colnago and they confirmed it was made for the Kwantum team, sadly they couldn’t confirm a rider specific frame, so we are assuming it a stock team frame.
Anyone who remembers my ANC Halfords restoration knows who fussy I am so here goes again. I could go team restoration with Super Record however want something I can ride so a little bit leftfield for this one
Frame has gone to be painted with new chrome, I’m having it done in Pearl white with detailing to a photo from 1987 Colnago catalogue and a few personal touches. Rest of the build:

Wheels – Campag Sigma Oxide with C Record Century hubs
Tubs – Either NOS Clement or new Vittoria (as I want to ride it)
Gears – 2nd Generation C Record NOS, Frizione Differenziata
Brakes – Campag Cobalto NOS
Chainset – C Record Century NOS / C Record BB NOS
Headset – C Record (refurbished as new)
Seatpost – C Record (refurbished as new)
Saddle – Campag Electa (refurbished as new)
Bars / Stem – Cinelli 1A / Giro (Stem being pantograph)
Pedals – SGR NOS (C Record aero for L’Eroica)
Bottle / Cage – Campagnolo Biodinamica

Attachments

• fe364d07ea39bbb10c39156cadac98c7.jpg
    fe364d07ea39bbb10c39156cadac98c7.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,886
Team Specification

As team issue

Attachments

• KWANTUM TEAM.jpg
    KWANTUM TEAM.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,884
  • KWANTUM TEAM.jpg
    KWANTUM TEAM.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,884
Re: Restored Saddle

Restoration as ever is taking longer than anticipated, frame should be back in a few weeks, wheels being built and most of the group set purchased. Cant find a C Record IT bottom bracket so might go for a track version, as not going to ride the bike in the rain so lack of seals wont matter. Campag saddle restored and ready to go.

Attachments

• Campagnolo_Electa_Saddle-2.jpg
    Campagnolo_Electa_Saddle-2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,628
Re:

Good choice of paint. Look forward to see the build progress. :cool:

Where can you get stems panto'd?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":38hpcnd8 said:
Good choice of paint. Look forward to see the build progress. :cool:

Where can you get stems panto'd?

Mike

CycloRetro in Australia, look on his website anything is possible and work is 110%

Re:

Thanks,

Just before my time, but looks to be quite a large frame, so that must rule out a lot of riders. Even for a Dutch team.

Mike

Latest posts

Back