1986 la Vie Claire Look TVT

Re:

Chris, it's theee dream bike!! :D

Congratulations on this superb recreation. I have my new TVT getting sprayed in the same fashion just now and hope to start on the build in the Autumn. Can I ask where you found the LOOK decals, especially the downtube ones?

:cool:

Hi Chris - sorry for capturing this Thread - but after many years looking for a frame set of an early 1st Gén TVT Carbon 7, I have found an "ECLIPSE" labeled TVT in US. But it is origin in carbon nature and I am looking for the correct coulour for re-spraying to get a base for a 1986s LaVie Claire Teambike Replica. (here see this wonderful 1st Gen TVT with both kind of forks)

For my opionion the coulour of your project (see pics on page 1) the coulous is a pearlescent silver ith a light touch to an ice-blue. Have you the official Name of coulour you used to respray the frame set. Perhabs you can help to me
Many thanks in advance

KR Thomas

Attachments

• TVT Carbon 7.jpg
    TVT Carbon 7.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 973
Re:

That's coming along great, Chris! Look forward to seeing the finished bike! :cool:

Your health must come first though mate, so don't overdo things. ;)

Re:

I have read that some seem to think that the TVT used by LVC in 1986 had a blue tinge to it's silver colour. It's my opinion that only a very few photographs look to have an extremely pale blue tinge to the silver colour on the frames.
I believe that they were, in fact silver frames, (as per the 1985 team bike) as shown in the vast majority of photographs taken that year and didn't have the blue hue at all - perhaps just a optical illusion shown in a few photographs from certain lighting or photographic reproduction.

Does anyone know Hinault or LeMond personally and could ask them?!

:cool:

ok that#s an idea - I am not know him really, but I have asked him about the coulour on his Facebook site.
I am very interesting - about he willing to give me a reply on his site

Some time ago I tried this also with German Rider Raimund Dietzen - you know El Aleman rode for Spanish TEKA Team on ALAN Carbonio - I asked him on his official contact adress about the rims he used end of 80s on his Teambike ... but I did not get an answer from him ...

KR Thomas

Re: Re:

rusty bodie":205up4lf said:

That looks like a very p-ssed off Sean Yates in the photo, along with a very nasty bit of road! :shock:

Re:

Coulour for LOOK TVT

What you are think about this coulour for the frame set ? it's 750 Grigio Alloy Metallic

Attachments

• ferrari-458-spider-by-a-kahn-design-3-570x320.jpg
    ferrari-458-spider-by-a-kahn-design-3-570x320.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 773
Re:

The silver color was for the steel frames.

The TVT carbon team bikes were different with more exposed carbon and colored panels.. Lots of photos on the net of them. Example attached (the 87 bikes were the same as the 86 ones).

Check back issues of Winning for some good images.

Repop decals sets out there as well.

Attachments

• kuum87.jpg
    kuum87.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 745
  • 1311453413scannen0007.jpg
    1311453413scannen0007.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 745
Back