Aende Low Profile

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
24" front wheel death trap just purchased.

I just hope that it's not too small.

1990, Columbus SLX and fillet brazed. A quick search and I can only find one other example. And it doesn't have the paint job this one has!!

Attachments

• IMG_1495487017994(1).jpg
    IMG_1495487017994(1).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,578
Nice mate I'm all about the lo pros now after building my Dave Lloyd. That 24 inch front will make it an interesting ride!

24 front wheeled machines are proper low pros IMO having raced on mine & still have mine :) enjoy your build as you have a frame from one of the best builders around at the time...

IIRC "Pongo" only built 2 with that seatstay set up ( stand corrected ) again IIrc he built a further 3 maybe 4 with a more conventional seat stay attachment which is what I had. For a reason not known I could never get really comfortable on any thing above 20 miles on it. I sold it & had Dave Marsh build me a conventional seat stay sloping straight top tube from Columbus El which although the same dimensions I always got on with & felt comfy on It"s strange as "Pongo" was a top notch builder

Re:

Little Al":663yjk6w said:
IIRC "Pongo" only built 2 with that seatstay set up ( stand corrected ) again IIrc he built a further 3 maybe 4 with a more conventional seat stay attachment which is what I had. For a reason not known I could never get really comfortable on any thing above 20 miles on it. I sold it & had Dave Marsh build me a conventional seat stay sloping straight top tube from Columbus El which although the same dimensions I always got on with & felt comfy on It"s strange as "Pongo" was a top notch builder

Thanks for the snippet

I was also told Paul Betts would have painted it.

I mocked it up at the weekend, I reckon it's too small. Got to get a longer stem but as is at present I will be comfortable on it for about 50 yards!

Bugger.

Cut off 6 inches off each leg and job done :). Worth it given the rarity of the frame :)

Shaun

Re: Re:

Matt_wood55":a0di19ef said:
Little Al":a0di19ef said:

Thanks for the snippet

I was also told Paul Betts would have painted it.

I mocked it up at the weekend, I reckon it's too small. Got to get a longer stem but as is at present I will be comfortable on it for about 50 yards!

Bugger.
You are probably correct on the frame finisher I couldn't remember his name until you quoted it The top tube length is the limiting factor on this type of frame, you can have more seat post showing & the use of LA or upside down drop bars the stem is height of the drop in a std set up, so to be aero you don't need a yard of stem showing. I made an aero HB set up using & 130 MM stem with HB clamp cut off 2 pieces of yacht mast aero cross trees sloping forward & 2 drop bars ends welded on. all in alloy One of the stem/handle bar company's came out some years later with almost an exact copy but made of CF. some one once said to me "Yo're not supposed to be comfortable the more it hurts the quicker you finish the ride"

Back