F Moser Leader ax Chateaux d'ax 1990

Re:

Yes, that reminds me, there was a recent auction for a gatorade moser frame on ebay with the quill seatpost for sale in another auction from the same seller.

This is the saddle, I will have to dye it, it should look the business once it is dyed black.

Attachments

• vetta 200 saddle jpeg.jpg
    vetta 200 saddle jpeg.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 677
Re:

Thanks Jambon for the link, they are a really nice bike to ride. It's the tightest clearance from the seatpost to the rear wheel of any of my bikes.

Yeah Mike, most of the photos I have seen of Bugno have had down tube shifters, I remember that photo of Bugno winning the Wincanton, hairnet leather helmet, arms outstretched, class all the way :cool:

Re:

He won the sprint for the Worlds with them too. Against Indurain (Campag Ergos) and a Dutchman I think. Steven Rooks, maybe?
Gatorade colours that time.

There is a Gatorade Moser on eBay right now. £799 + post IIRC.

I've got the kit, but with the Bianchi instead, which the team rode afterwards.

WP_20161203_11_49_31_Pro[1] by Mike Murray, on Flickr

He started using STI when riding for Polti I think.

Here for you both ... Gianni Bugno leads "his friends" on the way to Alpe d'Huez in 1990s TdF

Pat - within this pink Moser ridden by Gianni - the Team used a white headbadge wihn black lettering

1991 in Stuttgart (really near of my home town) I saw him live - he won in front of runner up Steven Rooks and Miguel Indurain became 3rd.

Attachments

• alpe-dhuez.jpg
    alpe-dhuez.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 663
Re:

Thanks ;)

TBH, I'd be happy with the Giro version. Pink with solid blocks of purple

Nice photo btw, Graham Watson I think. Have a couple of his books, The Cycling year. 1990 and 1991. Great for reference, and wonderful photography.
I look through and get dewey eyed at times! :oops:

Mike

Re:

Who's the Once rider in the photo Gridno? I recognise the others

Re:

Yes, Mike, a cunning plan, running down my restoration, hoping to make me sell it on. :LOL:

Bugno trying to break Indurain on Alpe d'huez in 1991 and Jeff Bernard closing the gaps, I bought the 1991 DVD of the Tour and there was very little of that stage on it. I remember the Channel 4 coverage at the time - epic.

Back