Dave Lloyd, with a difference

Re: Dave Lloyd quantum 650

Hello Neil,
Hopefully this email finds you as I subscribed especially! I have the bike you are talking about. Really interesting to Google Dave Lloyd all these years later and see someone talking about my bike. I bought it from Dave Lloyd back in 1997 as a present to myself for finishing my apprenticeship. I still have it down the shed. I’ll look it out and take some photos for you.
David

Re:

Hi David, I would love to see pichurs of another Quantum 650, especially one still in the hands of the original owner.

There is currently one for sale on eBay, the seller has listed it as a Concept 90 but the 650 wheels give it away.

Re:

I do have more photos if you’d like to see them, but this websites interface has get the better of me! Anyway, there should be one photo got through. David

Re:

Cool bike, I love the Middleburn crank, and is that a Royce bottom bracket judging by the bolt?

Re:

WOW!

Is that the bike Dave Lloyd built for himself?

If not it is an identical spec. other than maybe the chain wheels which were silver on the bike review I saw.

Mine has exactly the same colour scheme and there was also a Concept 90 painted the same. I got mine as a frame only, so it is missing the carbon wheels, titanium forks and Campag cassette, but I managed to source pretty much everything else to build a similar bike.

That's a great bike and a great piece of history your have there, thanks for posting the picture. :cool:

Re:

It's his old show bike. There are some minor differences when I got it compared to when cycling weekly etc tested it, like the colour anodised chainwheel, Hope bb instead of the Royce, but its 95% as it was. I seem to remember there was some controversy at the time because it had a sloping top tube and whether it was legal for racing. Super light at the time, at 15 pounds. It was my pride and joy for a number of years.

Re:

hopefully some more shots attached

Attachments

• IMG_1637.JPG
    IMG_1637.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    567.2 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 287