Concorde Flies Again...

Little Al":1lpwem9p said:
If you didn't already PLEASE cut off the front mech inner wire

That's my cadence meter!

Tick. Tick. Tick...

I had initially left it long as I want to do a bit of experimenting with different chainsets and FD's. Once I've scratched that itch, I'll trim it properly.

Have now fitted a Record triple chainset so that I can take this on the North West ride out in April without having to worry about gears.

The 1st generation Chorus front mech handles the triple shift with ease. 5 minutes of fettling limit screws and it was sorted.

I may drop a 27 or 28t cassette in though as the rear mech is not quite as happy. It works, but not entirely safely as far as I'm concerned. The issue is with the mech being too close in low/low and the B-screw adjustment maxing out without any impact.

Too good a day not to take this out for a proper run after being tripled. Did all the local hills over the course of 40 miles.

I don't think I stopped grinning at any point over those 40 miles. :D

Looking North over the western side of Glasgow. Ben Lomond is just visible above the bike.

IMAG0804_zpsvuq3gj9e.jpg

Looking South over the Clyde Estuary toward Arran and the Kintyre Peninsula

IMAG0809_zpsablcpnbv.jpg

Re:

Scotland in spring... heaven.

The Concorde looks great in the sunshine.

I hope you had your baby wipes with you.

Re:

Today was, and still is gorgeous. Apart from posting those two pics, I've been out in the garden in shorts and a t-shirt.

There's a small pack of handi-wipes in the saddle pack.

80 miler tomorrow for a visit to my dear old mum.

Re:

Superb, you couldn't have been a million miles away form me.

Back