New Colnago Arabesque Build - Completed

Bisto_Boy

Dirt Disciple
The local LBS has just started stocking Colnago, and, with the discount levels they were offering, I ordered a beautiful red Arabesque 55cm. I already have a 94 Master with age-releated build so I've decided to go modern with the Arabesque. Current build is looking like Chorus 11-speed with Campag Shamal Mille C17 wheelset, San Marco Regal saddle (rino) and Rictchey classic finishing kit. I'll post pictures as I source kit and finalise the build, feedback welcome...please be kind ;)

I've attached some photos of my current Master and build items for the Arabesque

Attachments

• 94 Master.jpg
    94 Master.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,234
  • selle-san-marco-regal-rino-leather-283x149mm-saddle-black-SAN-V-REG-SMBK-NS.jpg
    selle-san-marco-regal-rino-leather-283x149mm-saddle-black-SAN-V-REG-SMBK-NS.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,234
  • 160527shamal_05.jpg
    160527shamal_05.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 2,234
  • gscamp2015chor11d_1_zoom_1.jpg
    gscamp2015chor11d_1_zoom_1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 2,234
  • colnago-arabesque-red-main.jpg
    colnago-arabesque-red-main.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,232
Re: New Colnago Arabesque Build

I like your concept build on your Arabesque. I kept mine a little more traditional without too much carbon, albeit mine did have carbon hubs. I'm kind of liking the rhino seat. It will be interesting when you put it all together. How long did they quote you for delivery for the frame? Mine took over three months.

Loving your master, can I ask what bar are you running on that ?

larrytx01":21ba1aoa said:
I like your concept build on your Arabesque. I kept mine a little more traditional without too much carbon, albeit mine did have carbon hubs. I'm kind of liking the rhino seat. It will be interesting when you put it all together. How long did they quote you for delivery for the frame? Mine took over three months.

8 weeks but the chap said that they are normally coming in sooner than that.....don't want to wait 3 months, the summer would be almost over :roll: Despite the look of the Shamal's they're actually alloy wheels, with carbon hubs....... Just hope they look good when they're fitted.

Re:

Hopefully yours will come in sooner. I ordered mine before Christmas and I think things slowed down during the Holidays.

Re:

Alas no...... The frame has been in paint for the last 3 weeks, now they're telling me it will be here 2nd week in July.....completely fed up waiting for this bike

Re colnago

I understand the frustration. I ordered mine last November and got it in February. They are hand made and not a mass production item. You will be the only one in the neighborhood that will have one, lol.

I got mine last October, and am still slowly building it up with a 30th Anni group, Mavic OR10's and gold plating. It all takes an awful lot of time...

Back