PDM Concorde Team Issue

stringfellow1946":1c6fryyk said:
Clamp the fixed cup in a vice then turn the frame clockwise.

Unfortunately, I dont have a vice or indeed anywhere to put one where it would be secure enough for this job.

failing the vice mate, always use the right tool, first time. It's usually easier than trying the right tool on a chewed up cup ;)

Patience and force is the key, unfortunately if you try brute force in the wrong direction, it just wont work :) As someone had tried on my resin cupped FAG bottom bracket a while back. This made it hard to go back in the right direction and thank somebodies god that it wasn't 'stuck' in the first place :)

Jamie

Yip. That's why I'm waiting for a dedicated Park bottom bracket wrench to arrive before I touch it again.

I've realised I might have somewhere to mount a vice after all, so I might get one as a backup. Could do with one anyway.

Park tool bottom bracket wrench arrived today.
Park tool bottom bracket wrench got bolted onto fixed cup.
Park tool bottom bracket wrench got the malky with a chunk of 2x4
Bottom bracket fixed cup rolled over and asked Park tool bottom bracket wrench to tickle its tummy.

10 minutes from opening jiffy bag.

Game on now, as if my 9 speed downtube levers arrive and I can find a medium cage all silver Chorus or Record 9/10 speed rear mech I might be riding this sooner rather than later...

Mind you, that would mean proving Clive right but I can maybe live with that.

First coat of touch up paint tonight. 3 or 4 coats probably required and then a further round of spot fixing some of the damage to decals.

Fingers crossed on the hand mixed black being a good match...

IMAG0801_zpsarlwycub.jpg

IMAG0802_zpsyo0jfkd9.jpg

Anybody able to nail the year of this frameset?

It looks like an 87 or 88 paintjob but has a team issue frame number in the low 700's which is much higher than the only frame number I can find online for either year (209 stated as a 198:cool:

Downtube shifters arrived from the USA this morning, so all I'm missing is a rear mech.

I can of course borrow the compact drivetrain on the aforementioned Bianchi...

Back